My husband and I stayed in Villa las Tronas for our honeymoon in August 2009 and we had the most fantastic time! I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone.
When we arrived we were immediately shown to the hotel bar area and offered a drink of our choice whilst our bags were taken to our room. When we were shown to our room which we were very pleased with. It was a very traditional style - less about mod cons and more about old fashioned elegance. The balcony we had was amazing, it was large enough for 2 sun loungers and a table and chairs. The perfect place to share the wine that the hotel gave us as a honeymoon present.
Alghero itself is a pleasant walk away and offers some of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in. Just for Two is a couples own restaurant in Alghero and has a perfect view of the sea. We ate there more than once and enjoyed a fabulous meal whilst watching the sunset.m One tip is that if you can sit down by 8pm you can avoid the queues. The one evening we set off for dinner at 9pm was the only evening we couldn't easily get a table without waiting.
We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant at all. It looked lovely but seemed to only serve fish courses. This is understandable as we were on the island of Sardinia but neither my husband are I are big enough fish eaters to pay the hotel prices. However, we often enjoyed a glass of wine within the hotel grounds and enjoyed the views.
We had a fantastic time and will definitely be returning for an anniversary one year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Las Tronas is the delightful 5-star hotel that has become the symbol of Alghero - “the Golden Door to tourism in Sardinia” - situated on the Riviera del Corallo on the north-west coast of the Island. The hotel rises from the sea-shore with its Spa, nestled in the greenery of nearly two hectares of park that separate it from the Alghero waterfront, on a headland surrounded on three sides by the crystal-clear water of the bay. Numerous quays invite you to sunbathe and swim in the most comfortable, private way. The view is spectacular and the atmosphere so intense and romantic as to steal the hearts of Italian Royalty, who chose the Villa up to the nineteen-forties for their holidays in Sardinia. The bar and panoramic restaurant are the ideal place to relax, while your gaze takes in the Bay of Alghero and rediscovers the timeless luxuriousness inherent in the unique features and character of the villa. The Hotel and the Spa – with its covered sea-water swimming-pool (also looking out over the Mediterranean), sauna, Turkish bath, Kneipp walkway, gym and the beauty area – are open all through the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Villa Las Tronas Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel And Spa
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel Alghero
- Hotel Las Tronas
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel & Spa Alghero, Sardinia