Having come to Europe 4 times and stayed in many hotels in many cities this would be our favourite to date. We've stayed in some 1st class places, and while Villa Las Tronos like any place can loose a little paint here or not be to one's taste there, overall small deficencies are too inconsequential to be troubling much less even mentioning. The culture of an establishment is not instantly changed, and it is hard to reconcile the few reviews mentioning unfriendly staff with this resort. The very warm, friendly and 'can do' approach was consistent with all staff, very professional and the atmosphere was great in all areas. The dining room is visible from reception, signage great, and there is certsinly no need to have your time wasted with a tour. Accessibilty from the car park is quick and VERY easy, but as with many hotels and tourist attractions there are stairs which may impact on accessanility for some. The gardens are lovely and it's easy to find your iwn little place if you want. If you never left there is plenty to do, and it only took 10 mins to walk to the old town. We would definately come again! Loved everything about it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Las Tronas is the delightful 5-star hotel that has become the symbol of Alghero - “the Golden Door to tourism in Sardinia” - situated on the Riviera del Corallo on the north-west coast of the Island. The hotel rises from the sea-shore with its Spa, nestled in the greenery of nearly two hectares of park that separate it from the Alghero waterfront, on a headland surrounded on three sides by the crystal-clear water of the bay. Numerous quays invite you to sunbathe and swim in the most comfortable, private way. The view is spectacular and the atmosphere so intense and romantic as to steal the hearts of Italian Royalty, who chose the Villa up to the nineteen-forties for their holidays in Sardinia. The bar and panoramic restaurant are the ideal place to relax, while your gaze takes in the Bay of Alghero and rediscovers the timeless luxuriousness inherent in the unique features and character of the villa. The Hotel and the Spa – with its covered sea-water swimming-pool (also looking out over the Mediterranean), sauna, Turkish bath, Kneipp walkway, gym and the beauty area – are open all through the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Villa Las Tronas Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel Alghero
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Las Tronas
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel & Spa Alghero, Sardinia