We stay at Villa Las Tronas a couple of times a year, typically June and September. The hotel is traditional in its decor but feels aristocratic rather than dated. The staff are attentive but in an understated manner so you don't feel harassed. We have stayed in a variety of the rooms, including the suites. I think the suite offers the additional benefit of sunbathing on your own terrace which is a delight. However, if the weather is settled, which is 99.9% of the time it is then sunbathing options are by the luxurious outdoor pool, with spectacular views over the sea and the coastline, or on the man made jetty near the sea. The latter is our preference as you get a little more breeze from the sea and can enjoy endless dips in and out of the sea. The sea is so warm in September but still a delicious refreshment from the sun. My partner is vegetarian so dining in Italy can at times be slightly limited, however there are many thoroughly decent pizzeria's close by in the town. If, like me, you enjoy fresh fish then you will be spoilt at many of the restaurants. Simply cooked but the flavours speak for themselves, fussy recipes / sauces are not necessary. I am sure there are many things to do in Alghero however we just enjoy, typically 5 night stays, of complete relaxation and indulgence of sunshine, wonderful breakfasts in the hotel, prosecco on the terrace in the late afternoon before heading out for supper in the town, a short but always pleasant walk away. The ONLY thing I could suggest to improve this hotel is the by pool / by sea waiter service offering drinks - maybe every few hours? Rather than having to trek up to the bar to get drinks outside. This would make this hotel, in my opinion, the best we use and will continue to use for years to come. Highly recommend. It's not cheap but with only a few rooms its always special and select so you don't feel huddled or crowded even when the hotel is to capacity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Las Tronas is the delightful 5-star hotel that has become the symbol of Alghero - “the Golden Door to tourism in Sardinia” - situated on the Riviera del Corallo on the north-west coast of the Island. The hotel rises from the sea-shore with its Spa, nestled in the greenery of nearly two hectares of park that separate it from the Alghero waterfront, on a headland surrounded on three sides by the crystal-clear water of the bay. Numerous quays invite you to sunbathe and swim in the most comfortable, private way. The view is spectacular and the atmosphere so intense and romantic as to steal the hearts of Italian Royalty, who chose the Villa up to the nineteen-forties for their holidays in Sardinia. The bar and panoramic restaurant are the ideal place to relax, while your gaze takes in the Bay of Alghero and rediscovers the timeless luxuriousness inherent in the unique features and character of the villa. The Hotel and the Spa – with its covered sea-water swimming-pool (also looking out over the Mediterranean), sauna, Turkish bath, Kneipp walkway, gym and the beauty area – are open all through the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Villa Las Tronas Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel And Spa
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel Alghero
- Hotel Las Tronas
- Villa Las Tronas Hotel & Spa Alghero, Sardinia