“A restaurant that you could walk past”
Review of TRATTORIA DA MIRKO

TRATTORIA DA MIRKO
Ranked #19 of 382 Restaurants in Alghero
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

With my wife we enjoyed this restaurant. The menu is not extensive, but it is a trattoria after all. The food was good, the first atmosphere also and the bill was a pleasant change. Too good to miss.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Small restaurant but good quality with friendly service and reasonably priced food and drink. Excellent Spaghetti alle Vongole. Would recommend it to others and would definitely visit again.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Went here specifically for the suckling pig and it didn't disappoint. Would like a touch more crackle on the skin but the taste was amazing.
It's a small menu (for a small restaurant) but good choices. Would like to see more choice of wine.
We'll be back for more pig before we leave Alghero

1  Thank Judith R
Reviewed June 24, 2013

A couple in our hotel raved about this place so we went.

A small establishment it's lovely and personal with a few tables outside but as it was a cool and windy evening we ate inside. We had specifically gone to try the sucking pig and were not disappointed - it was very flavoursome and the meal of the holiday so far. It's not a flash place but feels more authentic for that and was full of Italians.

Starter of melon and ham was nice, house wine cheap and delicious and overall a shared starter, two mains, wine and water were 50 euros.

Very glad to have visited and would recommend.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had one dinner at Trattoria da Mirko following the rave reviews on Tripadvisor and I have to say I was disappointed. We have eaten in a lot of restaurants and this was definitely one of the many tourist traps.... My starter of melon and prosciutto was almost inedible, the ham was not particularly fresh or of good quality and the melon was so overripe that my stomach ended up upset for the whole evening. I had pasta with clams as a main and my husband chose the lasagna. Both dishes were sub-standard for Sardinia - very few clams, the pasta was sticky, and the lasagna not very impressive. All in all a very average tourist restaurant and I would not recommend it.

1  Thank SMacL