1,111 results
All reviews capo caccia sea view natural park octopus minute drive junior suite on the rocks swimming pool paninis sun loungers lovely hotel sea water breakfast buffet is sandy beaches stayed longer car is essential superb location
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I've never wrote a review before but thought I had to after the poor service we recieved here on our honeymoon in June 2013.
I will start by saying we stayed in Barcelona at a 4* hotel afew days before coming here, so maybe that's why I wasn't happy - the difference in service, cleanliness, etc is shocking (I think Barcelona should have been a 5* hotel & El Faro should be a 3*)
On the plus side, The location is really quiet & relaxing and the pool that over looks the sea is amazing, it's ideal for couples really.
Now the bad side....as soon as we booked El Faro, we had an email saying if we was bringing our child, the hotel policy is to charge an extra 75% of the room rate per night for an extra bed (bearing in mind we'd already booked to pay £130 per night and was staying for 10 nights) I emailed the hotel and said had I known there was an extra charge for a child's bed, I wouldn't have booked it and asked if we could bring her inflatable bed which they said was ok. On arriving at the hotel, the room they'd given us was quite dated and at one point had lots of ants coming in (which the receptionist came to our room and sprayed them with ant killer!) The bed was really uncomfy and the wardrobe door fell off when my husband opened it...I'm sure they gave us the worst room possible as we wouldn't pay the extra charge for a bed! The staff also seemed quite ignorant/rude...this might be due to the language barrier, they didn't seem to speak very good English & My Italian is poor. The place was average clean, so I can't understand where they got 4* from, maybe it's the location but that also caused a problem with us as it was about a 20 minute walk to the nearest ONE restaurant (no others close by) and the shop was 30 minutes away and the hotel only served ham & cheese toasties in between breakfast & the evening meal....not great with a 3 year old.
I'd say I would have rated this place more if we was just a couple on our own, but still think for the money, I've stayed in places 10 times better than here.

• Stayed: June 2013
elfaromng, Direttore vendite at El Faro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking a bit 'of his time to write this review.
We are sorry to read that your experience with us was not at the same level of other guests .
Our mission is to ensure that customers bring with them a pleasant memory and receive satisfaction of the services offered.

Please let me clarify a few points to the readers in order to get the right judgment.

The hotel el faro is clearly specified at the heart of a protected natural park surrounded by a marine reserve and as you indicated for couples looking for relaxing with peace of mind why we do not have facilities for children such as special meal or entertainment as baby garden or baby parking.
In her book she received a discount by booking in advance, being a super discounted rate has not been possible to offer a 3rd bed for free.

The person at the reception when she came into your room she noticed that the ants were on the floor at the point where you drop orangeade.

We apologize for accidental breakage instead of the cabinet door that we could not foresee even our maintenance came to fix it stright away.

Our Colleague are very careful and serius, we don't understund how you can judge jgnorant our colleague and we are very sorry for that because in reality many customers notice that our staff is always friendly and attentive to customer needs.

Reading yours review we believe that the small charge for the bed has actually caused a distorted view of your holiday.

We hope that next time before you choose a holiday can do it carefully evaluating all aspects besides the price that describe the hotel as the location and type of the hotel and not only considering the price offered.
We hope that the customer can have a right judge and right opinion.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The location was a bit far from the nearest town, although this provided peaceful and beautiful views of the sardinian coast. There is a bus that goes straight to Alghero. Very nice food with great room service, as well as a pool. I would definitely recommend it for those wanting a quiet, restful but still enjoyable getaway.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the sea!
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were in the excellent hotel for our conference. The view to the Porto Conte is so refreshing and enjoyable. Staying under the booth, feeling the wind and seeing the tide comes and goes. It is a really wonderful place to stay. The shore is rocky, which provides more diverse views. The hotel itself is beautiful and cozy. The staffs are friendly and willing to help. Besides, we really enjoyed delicious foods from breakfast to dinner. The chef did know how to stimulate ones' appetite by seafoods and other variable dishes. We had successful conference and stay in the hotel. I would say it is really worthy of your choice.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were at El Faro for one day during our honeymoon at Sardinia. The sea seemed wonderful but unfortunately we couldn't swim due to the cold and windy weather. The staff were all so polite and kind; they made us lots of favors when they learned it was our honeymoon. Strongly recommended if you are looking for a good quality resort near Alghero.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 25, 2013

a bit isolated but beautiful location, well appointed hotel and rooms. gorgeous pool and view over the sea. staff were patient and great - We were there with a big group and they managed it well, despite some issue with totaling the bar bills.