1,095 results
All reviewscapo cacciasea viewnatural parkoctopusjunior suiteminute driveon the rocksswimming poolsun loungerspaninislovely hotelsea waterbreakfast buffet issandy beachesstayed longercar is essentialsuperb location
Reviewed May 5, 2008

A luxury experience, 15 minutes from Alghero. Very nice room with all the comforts, fantastic see view, elegant restaurant, cool swimming pool, very nice service...just try it..

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2007

We was in long week and in october in El Faro, we read about same bad review on tripadv but we look the site and location and we decide to made reservation, trough the web site elfarohotel.it and we find special package for cople.
we had good room at 11,30 A.m. was cleaning with incredible sea view, we find helpfull sstaff at recepiton, same people staf at beach and porter not speak really good english but they are smile and helpfull was more great than a perfect english.

I spoke with manager of Hotel and he sad that after tripadvisor review they toke decision to change some situation on the hotel.
Now they offer FREE turkish bath, free shuttle to the town (only go), and free use of fintess room with an incredible sea view and tennis courte.We rent mountain bike for 15 € per day.

If you are luky you can meet Antonio skyppers with his motorboat for an incredible excursion, It's little expensive but the trip with him is magic it's something different from many guides around the world,
. He take you to listen the sound of the sea in front of sunset with a meraviliosus bottle of TORBATO wine.
Price are from 300 euro for 3 hours but you can sharing with other people.
At check out they leave a room until 5 p.m. and the shuttle to airport for 11 euro each.
We spend good time in el Faro and we will go back asap !

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2007

I was surprised to read some of the reviews here. We found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful. Not all spoke any English, but since I have some Italian it wasn't a problem. The restaurant for dinner was pleasant, but lacked any real warmth although the food was good and typically Sardinian. The lunch restaurant was also the beakfast room and the breakfasts were good and plentiful, the lunch menu was varied and OK. The hotel setting is superb with wonderful views. The rooms are varied dependant upon price. We had an executive room, which was expensive at 360 Euro per night, but was large with a large balcony equipped with loungers, table and garden chairs and armchairs. The hotel is isolated being 15 kilometres from Alghero and there is only one local restaurant within walking distance, but this is as advertised so why complain when you knew that before you booked? We had a car and the drive to Alghero is 15 minutes. The drinks are expensive, £7 for a G&T and room service is limited to breakfast. My experience of hotels is wide ranging and speads to all of Europe and North America and as a holiday hotel I wouldn't rate this as 5 star but certainly in the 4 star category. We enjoyed our 14 nights and will probably go back at some point.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2007

I live in rome. I have spent three marvellous days with my wife at El Faro Hotel.
The bay is wonderful and the landscape is stunning. The food was very good. The room was comfortable and clean. We’ll came back as soon as possible at El Faro hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2007

I am astonished of what I have read on seven or eight references on the Hotel “El Faro”, written in the period June 22 – July 28 2007, rating it in very negative terms.
I am Italian, living in Milano, but I write in English my experience on the hotel in order to be understood by those who have written the above mentioned references and by those that will read them.
In the summer 1989, my wife and I have spent, for the first time, a two weeks vacation at “El Faro”. Since then we have spent all the following summer vacations, for periods of three-four weeks, in July and August, in the same hotel, always with full satisfaction.
In the many years that have gone by since the summer 1989, we have met many other guests of the hotel, individuals and families, from different Countries, and with several of them, French, English and German, beyond the Italian, all distinguished and educated people, we have become good friends as also many of them have kept returning to “El Faro” every summer, in the same periods in which we were there, upon previous agreements, stated by phone, in order to enjoy together, every year, the pleasure of a good vacation in that marvellous place.
It is useless that I mention all the features that make the hotel so appreciable to us; it is evident that if we had not left it fully satisfied after each stay, we would not have had any reasons to return the next year, convinced that the hotel is worth its price.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple