“Lovely view, poor food, staff OK.”
Review of Nettuno - CLOSED

Nettuno
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Amazed its not there - its mentioned in the forums, and I'd like to reiterate the high prices, poor service, lack of atmosphere, crammed tables ........
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We sought out this restaurant based on some of the recent TA reviews. The view from the restaurant is lovely despite it's rater rundown appearance from the outside. Our food was fine, the description of the pizza I ordered was different in in Italian and english, when I questioned it, I was assured that there was pepperoni on it, when it arrived there wasn't. The kids food was fine. My husbands steak was rare, though he had asked for well done, it was so rare that he could eat the edges of it. In fairness the staff noticed, offered to replace it and when he declined, they took it off the bill. The staff were nice.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Service was ok, the food was good BUT they charged us for water even though it was an open bottle we didn't ask for and the stale bread, felt cheated big time!

1  Thank Mickey_Owl
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I use TA a lot. Tonight I didn't. And had I done so I would not have gone to Nettuno based on the reviews... So I was glad that it was the owner of our B and B who said we should check Nettuno out. Fantastic views of the sunset if you are lucky enough to sit outside as we were. Good service despite being packed out. Sea food starter superb. Fishy Pizza was shell city and as good as it gets. My wife's Sea Bass was good if a little cool when served. The local house white perfectly acceptable. Def worth a visit and sometimes it is worth going off piste and not checking TA in advance...unless of course you are reading my reviews.. Joke!

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Despite the bad reviews we took our chances as the view over the marina with the sunset was just too good to be missed.

The staff were incredibly attentive allowing us to sit outside for our drinks then locating us inside for our meal after.

The pizza was lovely, lots of flavour with a crisp fluffy base... Can't really go wrong with a pizza but in comparison to some of the others we had, this was an 8/10.

Worth a visit!

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

The setting is fabulous with the restaurant overlooking the harbour- especially if you can get a table outside on the balcony. The inside seemed somewhat sterile with bright, fluorescent lighting so would avoid that if you can. We all had pizzas which seemed fine. Nothing special but the vista made up for it. Not sure I would go back when there are better restaurants nearby.