“An amazing B&B with great staff”

B&B Cuscino & Cappuccino
Ranked #20 of 261 Alghero B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This is an amazing B&B: it is located in a great spot very close to all the places you want to be in Alghero! The rooms are lovely and all very unique - you feel like at home, albeit refurbished and clean!! And most of all, Maria, who is working there, is one of the best hosts I have ever met: always smiling, helpful and simply an amazing girl! Thanks for a great time!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed August 28, 2011

I travelled to the amazing island of Sardinia in July '2011. Since I'm a type of person who plans his trips very properly and accurately, I've spent quite a lof of time reading reviews about B&Bs available in Sardinia.. After reading numerous reviews eventualy I've opted for "Cuscino & Cappuccino" and now when I'm back from my journey I can surely say this was a very correct decision to go for this "B&B"!!! Below let me explain why do I say so?
For starters I was very nicely surprised that the owner named Francesco and his partner Maria (very nice, super-friendly and very hospitable lady) offered to pick me up from the airport. When I arrived from Dusseldorf they were already waiting for me in the airport. When we arrived to the place itself both of them were very caring and nice. Given that I am a very demanding person when it comes to cleanliness (especially cleanliness of the bathroom!) I can honestly say that my room looked very clean, nice and tidy. I immediately checked the bathroom - it was clean and spacious.
Breakfasts served in the mornings were exactly what I've expected - cereals, croissants, pastries, eggs, cheese, ham, etc. In other words - everything that you could possibly wish in the morning. Hence everything was great also when it came to breakfasts!
One thing I would really like to put an emphasis on is how hospitable, nice and friendly both Maria and Francesco have been to me! They also helped me to plan all of my trips, advised the routes I should take, shared the guides and all sorts of valuable information.
All in all I was very satisfied with the services I received and it is definitely GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY that I've paid! Highly recommend this B&B to everybody!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank OlegKarpushenko
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Francesco the owner was very helpful prior to our stay, answering our emails. We stayed here for a week, travelling up from Cagliari and returning there afterwards. Fransceso gave us good advice about how to travel across Sardinia. We kept him informed by text of our expected arrival time.
It was a bit of a shock to be met by his partner, Maria, on the evening we arrived, having travelled over 3 and a half hours by bus, and then walking with our cases from the bus stop, with a rather blunt statemement that she had been awaiting our arrival (implying we were late, which we weren't). What we were was hot and sticky and thirsty: I should not have had to ask for a cold drink!
Our room did not look as attractive as the website photo: I think it was the ethnic room. The wood made it feel dark. Nor did the website state that the B and B is on a corner above a busy intersection, so it wasn't quiet and we had to keep the windows closed. There was plenty of storage space, and the room was large. The shower/toilet room was small and had no extractor fan, which it really needed. We arrived on Saturday and it wasn't cleaned again until Tuesday.
Breakfasts were served in the kitchen: the plastic imitation lace table cloth was horrible. While we stayed there, Fransceso and Maria went away on a break, although he returned after three days. Breakfasts on these days were prepared by Nadia, rather than Maria and Nadia came in each of these days and cleaned too. She was much more friendly and pleasant than Maria. What was on offer was basic: crossaints in wrappers, UHT milk for cereals, white bread toast, juice and yoghurts. Sometimes cheese and meat was on offer, but not always offered to us!
It was only a 10 minute walk to the old town, and we enjoyed Alghero old town and the trips we made to other places.
We have stayed in a variety of Italian B and Bs for a similar price and this was the most disappointing. I am sure that we could have done better elsewhere. Would I recommend it? Hmmmmm........no, I don't think I would.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Viaggio2011
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Very Central B&B with nice rooms, air conditioning and good breakfast. Owner is very helpful and friendly

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2011

The B&B is located on a busy street corner that's a short walk from Alghero's charming old town. Excellent glazed windows and shutters did a fine job of blocking out light and traffic noise. Our room was slightly plain, but pleasant with a kind of Ikea-on-a-boat motif. Great value for this part of the island! Our hostess spoke impeccable English and was a real spark plug — full of good travel advice and ideas. She also prepared a generous, high quality breakfast, including the only fresh fruits and veggies we ever saw during a Sardinian morning spread. Francesco was equally warm and helpful. And do make sure to eat at his sister's wonderful restaurant, certainly not the fanciest but quite possibly the tastiest place in Alghero.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I was expecting more, but, its Ok. Owner very kind. Good breakfast. Central

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I visited Alghero in April 2011 and stayed for three nights in the Cuscino&Cappucino. The B&B is located in a very convenient for a traveller place - very close to the airport bus station, the old town, the seaside and the supermarket. All these can be reached within 5- 10 min by foot. My room was very cosy, comfortable and clean and so is the bathroom which I had my own. The owner of the B&B and Maria (girl who works there) are very friendly and helpful. If you lack ideas what to do and see in Alghero or Sardinia, just ask them and you'll get the best tips. Various materials and info booklets about leisure activities in Alghero and Alghero and its surroundings itself are available on the table and you can consult them any time. And the last thing that shoud be mentioned - the breakfast prepared by Maria. I was free to choose what I want because bread, yogurt, cheese, meat, fruits, vegetables, tea, coffee and cappucino was available. Everything was fresh and tasty.
To sum up, this is an excellent place to stay in Alghero at a reasonable price and I highly recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo