“Worth it for the view alone”
Review of Aragon

Aragon
Ranked #48 of 377 Restaurants in Alghero
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Visited the restaurant under the recommendation by the tourist office in Alghero and having looked at some of the reviews. Ordered the tiramisu (gluten free) as have not been able to have something like this since being diagnosed, my partner ordered the seadas. Both desserts were ok but nothing to shout home about and preferred the ice parlours in Alghero but was grateful to find a restaurant that focused on people with dietary requirements. The view where we sat was amazing and there was no rush for us to leave by the restaurant as we had only ordered wine and dessert.

Not able to make any comments about the service as fortunately for us we were served by, who I suspect was either the manager or owner, but the waiters did look a bit grumpy!;-)

There are newer reviews for Aragon

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was really excited to try Aragon because I saw that they have a large gluten-free menu. So I was really excited to try their gluten free pizza. I had the Sassarese, which was with roasted eggplant and cherry tomatoes. The gluten free pizza crust was really good, but unfortunately the rest of the pizza was very bland. There wasn't enough sauce and it wasn't flavorful and the cheese had no flavor. The eggplant was good, but the tomatoes on top were raw, and they would have been better cooked. I have had gluten free pizza out at restaurants before and unfortunately this was the worst. My dining companions had regular pizza and they weren't really impressed either, which is too bad.

We decided to have some dessert and all opted for the house made desserts. I opted for the gluten free tiramisu, which was fantastic! My companions also had regular tiramisu, which they enjoyed and my husband had the homemade seadas (a typical Sardinian pastry that is fried and has sheep cheese inside and topped with warm honey), which was the best of all the ones he's tried this trip, so far. So the desserts are really outstanding!

There were 4 of us eating. We each got a pizza, we shared a half liter of wine, a bottle of water and had the desserts and it was 86 euros! Very expensive for pizza which is usually an inexpensive option. If the pizza had be mind-blowing, it would have been worth it, but it really wasn't very good, especially for a pizzeria.

The ambience was nice and the restaurant very pretty inside. Too bad the food didn't live up to the price tag.

1  Thank Thistlemoon
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Like it here, very informal and good food and quick service. Pizzas are big and interesting flavours. Try the grilled veg, its good. 3 times this trip and twice last time. Good value, havent tried the puds!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We thought we were lucky when we arrived at this restaurant on Sunday 10th November about 15 minutes before it was due to stop serving lunch. We were told no problem ( I think by the owner) and given a table. The waitress who was sent to our table was rude and clearly annoyed that she had to serve us so close to finish. The food was quite good and we would have probably revisited if it wasn't for the rudeness of this member of staff. I notice other reviewers have had a similar experience.

1  Thank DavidMalvern
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I had read good reviews of this pizzeria and wanted to try it. Maybe I had too high expectations but neither myself or the person I was with was impressed. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the service, our guy was very nice. But they don't have house wine, which is almost unheard of, and we just felt that everything was priced much higher than other restaurants in Alghero which serve better food.

1  Thank eurotreats