“Nice views but average food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Santa Cruz

Santa Cruz
Ranked #284 of 346 Restaurants in Alghero
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Nice views but average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

Nice enough and very busy lunch time spot. Reasonable tasting pizze, but nothing exceptional. Pasta dishes quite expensive for what they are. Service always seems to be very rushed, with the staff seemingly too busy to listen properly or take time to make sure everything was OK. Right on the beach, so great views over the bay.

• Visited July 2014

• Finnish first
Tromso, Norway
“The sad pizza story, that ended with a salad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have travelled a lot, and I should probably know by now, that eating Italian food at a Spanish place is not the best choice. I ordred a Margherita pizza and got a different pizza, with only tomato sauce. I was so disappointed I could not finish the pizza. And the waiter noticed, and asked if I would like another pizza. I asked if all the pizzas had the same sauce, and the answer was yes. So I ordered a salad. I was not charged for the pizza, and in the end I got salad that was ok. But if you like very standard pizza sauce, you might enjoy this place. The prices are ok, but I have eaten a lot better in Alghero for the same price (round 20 Euros for bread, main course and two drinks).

Visited July 2014
2 Thank sirijohnsen
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Really bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

This was the first restaurant we visited upon our arrival in Alghero. We arrived around 9:30pm and was shown to our table. There was only one waitress taking the orders and 2 male waiters who appeared to just wandering around. No organisation whatsoever.We were not offered any bread or asked if we wanted a drink and after repeatedly asking to be served our order was took after waiting 30 minutes. When I offered my debit card to paid it was scrutinised like I was some sort of criminal. Not a good first impression of Alghero however we soon found out that not all restaurants are as bad as this. It was a shame as the food was nice just really awful people who work there.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lesley D
Barcelona, Spain
“Not bad for such a touristic place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

We were not lucky with the weather, but it seems like a nice view of the beach and the city center from inside the restaurant. The service was very fast and the food was not too bad.

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Very satisfied. I recommend this restaurant .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Really good restaurant and clean. Very friendly and kind waiter. Nothing wrong to tell about my experience in there , good prices and tasty food. I recommend to try . Thanks

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Francesca P, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Santa Cruz, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Mr. Ryan_av,
many thanks for your review, we are really pleased that your experience in the Santa Cruz Restaurant was satisfactory.
He hope to see you again!
The Santa Cruz Staff