“Heaven on a plate”

Azienda Agrituristica Sa Mandra
Ranked #3 of 383 Restaurants in Alghero
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Benevennios. We are Rita and Mario, and together with our daughter Maria Grazia and our sons Michele and Giuseppe we run our farm stay "Sa Mandra". Twenty years ago we left Fonni, our birthtown and we moved to this region, Nurra, near Alghero, taking the affection from our native place and the love for our origins with us. Our lives have been made even happier with the birth of our kids first, and the birth of our nephew Fabrizio more recently.We both belong to families from agro-pastoral communities that moved to the same area in the northern Sardinia.We took our culture from Barbagia with us, and we use it as distinctive mark to run our business: the farm stay "Sa Mandra"( mandra stands for a circular paddock that shepherds used to build in order to confine sheep for milking). We started up this activity in 1993, in a plot of one hundred hectares close to Alghero and to the "Riviera del Corallo" (the coral coast), in the Nurra region, a flat land with few plateaus, rich in naturalistic and historical sites, monuments, with areas for growing medicinal herbs, other with olive groves, and lands left for grazing.Over the last 20 years we have asserted ourselves in this field, improving and increasing the range of services we are able to offer, thanks to our qualified staff (of 10-20 people depending the season), trained in our farm within the project Programma Operativo Regionale 2000/2006.We currently offer
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This was one of the highlights of our trip, a fantastic location and nestled away in the countryside. Felt like an authentic Sardinian experience away from the main tourist part of the town. Really enjoyed being able to just arrive and be welcomed with appertisers and drinks, then to be seated and presented with 11 different courses! I had to pace myself as each dish was delicious. I would highly recommend this experience, not just for the food but for the grassroots feel of the place. The drinks are all included in the package too. LOVED This place and would highly recommend not eating too much on the day of the visit here as you will be fed very well.

1  Thank KiwiandaBrit
Write a ReviewReviews (2,386)

Reviewed April 23, 2014

What an amazing place and soooo much food!!
It's quite close to Alghero and not too far from the airport so it was convenient to get to which was great for we were staying locally. We got there a little early to check out the farm which was interesting and played with the horses and got some free red wine to enjoy! At first we thought it was a 6 course meal or we had to choose alternative dishes but it was actually that you get everything on the menu which is about 10 courses WHOA! And unlimited alcohol and water for 40 EUR per person! AMAZING!!! If you are a fan of cheese they like there cheese and do a lot with it but the highlight was the suckling pig! DELICIOUS!! Highly recommend going, had a blast!

3  Thank Liz0r
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Over the last days I started to distrust Trip Advisor. May be it us not made for a couple in the late 40th/early 50th, but this place was really nice. For Eur 40 all inclusive you get to taste all that typical for the area (including drinks and wine) and the pork is excellent!!! Watch out so. The location in TA is still wrong. It us2 km from the airport, not along the coast.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was the absolute highlight of our trip. Despite it being able to cater for a lot of people we were greeted personally when we arrived and the service was incredible.
The meal includes some snacks and time to enjoy the ground before seating. The wine and several courses. In each course there are several dishes allow you to try many different delicacies of Sardinia and all of great quality. Come hungry, by the end of the mains we could barely eat any more!

1  Thank James M
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the farm stay Sa Mandra during our trip to Sardinia last year. We ended up staying for four nights, and there is not a single aspect of our trip that we could possible complain about. Despite the language barrier, the service was impeccable, the food beyond compare, and the grounds were lovely to explore.

The dinner that is offered at Sa Mandra is... is... there are no words. Never-ending courses of taste explosions, delicacies and delights. Decadent.

A huge thank you to Rita and the other people behind the mouth-watering food - unfailingly, every meal was delicious. Thanks so much to Giuseppe and Stefania for being such a wonderful help with the language barrier - I'm so sorry, I wish I spoke Italian! I promise I'll practise for next time, as my partner and I have decided that we will definitely be back :) Giuseppe and Luigi also arranged a beautiful sunset horseride on the beach for us, an experience that was a highlight of our trip. As if all that wasn't enough, when my partner got sick, I don't know what I would have done without Mario, who drove us to the hospital and back and took a lot of the worry off my mind.

All in all, we had an absolutely wonderful stay. The food was amazing, your hospitality was unparalleled, and Sa Mandra was the perfect end to our long three months of travel. We can't wait to return to Sa Mandra :)

1  Thank lauramelrose