“Love the folks at Pepenero”
Review of Pepenero - CLOSED

Pepenero
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I keep coming again and again to see Dom and Michele and his staff at Pepenero. Amazing food: love the menu choices, everything is seasonal and fresh, even the organic wine. Great service: handwritten menu, prompt, attentional to detail, quick to offer amazing recommendations, friendly and fun! Laid back atmoshere! :-) and Dom's mixed drinks are fantastic! I Highly recommend Pepenero to friends and colleagues!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Ate here last night with my girlfriend & I. We arrived a bit early for dinner at 7:30 but they just sat us down anyways. The man who greeted us (wish I had gotten his name), sat down to talk to us for a bit before they had the hand-written menu written up. We talked a bit about football and the US football scene.

Then they brought over the menu and took our orders. We both had the antipasto and then I had the parma & ricotta ravioli and my gf had a pumpkin ravioli. I'm not a big fish/seafood person, which the antipasto is weighted towards, but it was still good. Just couldn't bring myself to eat the whole octopus that was served. The ravioli was great though, served in just a butter sauce. We both enjoyed it.

After the meal we shared a dessert that was an almond crust, a creme filling, and an almond top. It was served with a cream sauce on the plate and a bit of whipped cream on the side. It was amazing!

After all that, I was asked if I wanted a gin & tonic or vodka tonic. I first said Vodka tonic but then he asked if I liked Gin. I did, and he said he'd get me a great gin drink. It was made with Hendricks gin and a slice of cucumber in there. It really was a tasty drink and I enjoyed it as a cap to the great meal experience.

All in all, it was a great meal, great service, and amazing food. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting. Great for couples, solo, or business.

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

It's my second time @ this place. They always prepare searched courses. With fish, meat & bio-pizza. You can add a good glass of wine or a beer... the rate it's not a bad surprise. Enjoy

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I found it by looking through the TripAd suggestions and I really appreacited this place even if i was very tired and not so ready to taste the different things they can offer. But I can say that even if this place is not so big the atmosphere is very nice and the quality of food too. I will come back again..

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Been there during the xmas period, so it was rather empty.
The food was very very good, portions quite big - which for me is a great bonus - and from what I understand the menu changes slightly on a daily basis. Staff were all very nice and happy to satisfy our requests. My girlfriend is vegetarian and although in italy nobody caters for vegetarians they very happily got her a selection of vegetarian dishes.
So, great place, great food and fair prices, definitely need to try