Nice hotel, beautifuly restored and designed building. Breakfast excellent. Most staff very dedicated. Restaurant good quality, but both food and ambiance outside a little bit uninspired. Authenticity fails.
Furthermore, the hotel pretends to be in the upper segment of the market but a lot needs to be done to come there:
- Poor internet and handy connections everywhere in the hotel
- Every day we had to pick up a password for the internet connection. After complaining the GM offered to let bring us on a daily basis the pass word. They succeeded only 3 out of 7 days.
- During breakfast, the "don't disturb tag" on the door of our hotel room wasn't respected. The second time we asked the cleaning staff to leave the room ......
- Recommendation for senior management: pamper your English speaking staff.
- Provide also non-Italian newspapers to your guests. At least 75 percent was not Italian during our stay.
When the guest leaves, ask him for his experience. You can learn from him!More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking