“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Acquapazza

Acquapazza
Ranked #9 of 221 Restaurants in Brindisi
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In a small and refined space, in the historical centre of Brindisi, and a few minutes from the harbour, there is Acquapazza. The restaurant proposes the best Mediterranean fish Specialties, all prepared with simple recipes, genuine flavours and excellent food combinations.The quality of ingredients is guaranteed by Roberto, who, with his family, has"handled" fish for over two generations, supplying the best Italian fishmongers and restaurants.Both hosts, Anna and Vincenzo, will kindly and warmly welcome you into the large open kitchen of the Restaurant..
Grenoble, France
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I am a french, and I am in Brindisi for work foe a whole week. I followed advices to go to this restaurant. I have to admit that I spent a very good moment.
The waiter was really present for me (ok, I was alone, as it was early the evening). He could suggest me fresh pasta with fresh fish, which was really really good, fine, and not fat, as often, as italians really do like olive oil !
Good point : waiting the pasta, he offered a starter made of octopuss, salmon and vegetables. Again, very good, fine..... wow !
So, then, pasta.
And as a dessert, I let the waiter choose for me, and the chef prepared something for me ! surprise....
It was a home-made ice-cream made of Philadelphia (very creamy, tasting really good) and a chocolate mousse and red fruit sauce.
I really do recommand this place, maybe because I was alone, I could chat with the waiter, and he could suggest me and waste some time to explain me the menu.
About the price, it was ok, but I only ordered pasta and dessert (and also a drink and water). I think if you do order pasta and fish, then, it could be expensive, as fish price is depending on the weight of the fish you choose (as often in fish restaurant in other countries). But for the evening, pasta is large enough, and even the dessert was maybe too much.... but so good !

The only thing that I would recommand to the waiter, would be to have a radio or music more related to the restaurant, because I don't know the language they were singing maybe japanese or korean, but it was too strange to listen love songs in this language... but funny actually !

• Visited February 2013

“They were out of almost everything.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went to this restaurant last Sunday for lunch and were very disappointed. The restaurant was out of almost everything, including the entree they suggested for me as a substitute for my first choice, which was "finished", as was the appetizer I ordered. This third choice, also recommended by the waiter, was just okay. He steered my husband to an entree which might be typical to Puglia but was almost not edible but did remove it from the final bill without being asked. The most perplexing thing to us was the minimal wine selection. The restaurant serves almost nothing but fish and seafood, yet they did not have the white wine they initially recommended to us and advised us that the only choices were a sweetish, mineral tasting wine and Prosecco. We went for the Prosecco. To complete this lackluster performance, the waiter said he would bring a dessert tray for our perusal but instead went outside for a smoke. The only thing we could imagine was that he was a substitute waiter or related to the owners or both because he was extremely casually dressed whereas the other waiter, who seemed more professional, was dressed in what appeared to be a uniform, and our waiter kept sitting down at another table to chat and eat when he wasn't outside smoking. Our experience seems to be unusual, but we won't be back. In contrast, we had an absolutely wonderful meal at the Oyster Bar at the marina on the outskirts of town, many Puglian dishes well prepared, good service, a real jewel.

1 Thank Pamela S
Chicago, Illinois
“Great restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

At first I thought something was wrong as the place was empty. But Brindisians dine late and when they started showing up, the place comes alive. The fish is super fresh and tasty and the wine list is excellent. The place is well designed, clean yet informal. The menu is merely a suggestion. And the waiter will advise your dish by matching you to the produce. You can see the owner (who also served us I think) loves his job and is passionate about food. We will definately come back.

• Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best fish restaurant in Italy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

One of Brindisi oldestfamily of fishermen....they opened this restaurant...so small and chic in the heart of Brindisi historic centre only steps from Palazzo Zenthe. The owner, Vincenzo, is someone special. So atentive to every details. Fish is fresh and fished every single day. The kitchen is immaculate and you can see the chef. Through a crystal glass. And what a wine list! We have ied the worlds best fish restaurant and this quality and service at around 35/40 euro per person in hard to find. Bravi!

• Visited May 2012