“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Hotel Moderno

Hotel Moderno
Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Bari
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband & I spent 2 nights at Hotel Moderno in bari. It is in a very good location very near the Central Train station, Very clean & spacious rooms, good breakfast, The staff were all very nice & helpful. Very good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Swieqi_MaltaOdette
There are newer reviews for Hotel Moderno

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I recently concluded a 1 week trip in Puglia. I spent 3 days in Bari and stayed 3 nights at Hotel Moderno. The hotel is very well located a few steps from the central train station. Some of the best restaurants and the historical centre can be reached with a short walk. I was impressed by the welcoming atmosphere of the hotel staff upon arrival, as I was soon offered something to drink. My room was very clean, quit and extremely comfortable. The flat screen tv offers local and international channels compared to other hotels that only offer Italian channels. The bathroom was very clean as well. Common areas and specially the lobby are very attractive and quit new. Internet service is very fast and reliable. Hotel staffs were very friendly and helpful. They recommend me excellent restaurants and when I said I was coming from Hotel Moderno, they treat me extremely well. All in all, I have an excellent review, nice price/quality…I will come back for sure in the future. I strongly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ernesto h
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed her for 1 night on the way to Barletta. The hotel is near the train station, within walking distance but a taxi was only 7 euros anyway. Great central position with lots of little bars and restaurants. We ate at a little pizza place and got 2 pizzas (massive!) and 2 large beers for 9 euros.!
Our room at the hotel was very big but bare and quite basic. Very clean though. Breakfast was 5 euros and worth having as it was a little buffet with everything you could want.
Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I think any room would be quiet as it is quite a quiet location. We had a double room with shower an...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank shirleyeSheffieldUK
Reviewed April 26, 2012

After booking to stay at the 'Kerry Blu' B & B accom in Bari, (see my review!) we were redirected to the Moderno. I can only say, we were more than pleased with this outcome. The hotel has recently completed a facelift - the reception area was modern, light and welcoming. The receptionists were, without exception, helpful, knowlegable and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Our bedrooms were bright and airy, clean and comfortable. We had breakfast on the 1st morning - this cost 5 euros per person and was a perfectly adequate continental brekkie of juice, rolls, croisants and yogurts. We did pass for the next three morning, enjoying coffee and croissants 'on the go' for half the price!! The Moderno is situated within walking distance of the old town and port and has the facility of a nearby garage for an extra 15 euros per night - very useful. We found a great restaurant nearby - lovely atmosphere, great menu, good prices 'Pizzeria da Gianni' ( has the logo of a top hat and cane outside) - a must!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Maz52
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Located a 15 min walk from the old town, or 15 euro taxi ride from the port, the hotel is clean, modern, with big rooms and bathrooms. Reception was very helpful with a map and how to find our car hire. We only stayed 1 night so not able to use the mini kitchen.
Breakfast was nearby at a local cafe with a choice of coffee, croissant or brioche and toasted bread. Really nice, modern cafe and friendly staff.
Overall good price, location, accomodation and service

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fiona G
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We stayed here for a night during our trip to southern Italy, and I wish I had read the reviews first! The rooms are clean enough, as was the bathroom, but the fact that the air-conditioning was only on very restricted hours (3 hours a day) meant it was impossible to cope with the 39 deg. celsius heat outside! Very disappointing. The lady at the desk suddenly became unable to speak English when we complained... The Wifi connection was only available in reception, which was also a pain. Breakfast at a nearby cafe was very light on for 5 EUR/person, compared to other hotels we experienced. In short, try to avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Aussie-in-the-Alps
Reviewed July 8, 2011

This hotel is a 3 star hotel and is rated as such. The room is large with a balcony and it has lock away kitchen facilities which we didn't use. The shower is big but we ran out of hot water earlish in the morning. The staff aren't very friendly nor helpful. It is close to the train station and an easy walk through town to waterfront. The ferry terminal is approx 30mins by foot. Was one of the cheaper hotels we could find on the net. Accomodation seems a little more expensive in Bari compared with other cities in Italy. Wifi is looby only.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple