All reviews roof garden old city rooftop bar corso cavour shopping district short stroll fifth floor very nice hotel train station staying at this hotel few minutes walk breakfast was included bed was very comfortable excellent stay great place to stay only stayed one night nice room
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2019

This hotel is perfectly situated for the old town and the waterfront. It had sumptuous furnishings in the reception area and very pleasant staff who spoke good English.

My friend and I had booked two single rooms, and the rooms were large with fabulous beds which were incredibly comfortable. I think the rooms we had might have been designed for disabled guests (307 and 407) but that was not a problem at all. The only issues we had were
1. We specifically chose this hotel as other reviews mentioned kettles/tea making facilities, but we had none. We asked for them at reception and were told a kettle and milk would be brought up ( we brought our own tea bags) but nothing ever arrived.
2. The rooms looked out into an odd central courtyard so it was hard to get proper fresh air into the room and the only view was of other guests windows.
3. The quality of the toiletries was disappointing.

On the plus side, I got probably the best nights sleep I have ever had in a hotel. The mattress was lovely and firm and I slept incredibly well. The staff were all very professional and friendly.

The rooftop terrace is really a bonus. Perfect for a pre or post dinner drink. We ate at the hotel restaurant one night and the sea bass with saffron mash we had was superb. The hotel clearly employs a first class chef. The breakfast buffet had everything anyone could want.

Bari itself is lovely, a real hidden treasure. If I returned to Bari I would stay at this hotel but would request a room that didn't look inwards and would take my own travel kettle and my own shower gel and shampoo.

Room tip: Avoid inward looking rooms
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2019

The Oriente is very well located on the Corso Cavour - 10 minute walk to the old city and right in the heart of the commercial part of the city with lots of cafés, shops and restaurants nearby. It is also a few minute walk to the waterfront with lots of cafés and restaurants. Very friendly staff. Our room looked over the Corso Cavour, but we didn't find it noisy at all. We had a junior suite, which was a room with a second sitting room (and a sofa/bed), but no second bathroom. The breakfast was typical of large Italian hotels. The room was perfectly comfortable with a very large bed. A TV in both rooms. The bathroom is modern with a shower in the bath (as the bath glass door didn't really close there was water on the floor after the shower). The internet was free and worked very well and there are plenty of plugs for your devices. All in all, the hotel was fine, nothing charming or exceptional, however, I found it extremely expensive for what it was. I might have reserved at a bad time, but it seems to me that the hotel was expensive compared to comparable hotels in the south of Italy.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert G
hotelbarioriente, Responsabile reception at iH Hotels Bari Oriente, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2019

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay at iH Oriente Hotel.
We hope to see you again.

regards

Giovanna P

Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

The room was comfortable and clean, the bathroom was very clean. The breakfast was more than adequate. The staff was so helpful and friendly. They responded to all questions with a professional attitude. Nice hotel in a great location.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank fauziat

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you again at iH Oriente Hotel.

Regards
Giovanna P.

Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

Very nice, elegant, comfortable hotel. Helpful assistance and reception. Friendly rooms with comfort making feel like you're at home. Good value and money and one step from shopping. I surely suggest it!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2019 via mobile

We travel to Southern Italy every year and fly into Bari from Canada. We have never had anything but excellent service in all areas. This is consistently an excellent hotel experience. The Oriente is always clean, staff helpful, and breakfast excellent. We prefer to stay in a interior room because of the street traffic.
They did have ear plugs in outer perimeter rooms, we only stayed in one once & have never had a problem getting an inside room. There is a beautiful terrace on the rooftop.
Prices are reasonable.