“great way to visit old bari”

Velo Service - Bike Rental & Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$55.83*
and up
Private Tour: Bari Street Food Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 15 Outdoor Activities in Bari
More attraction details
Owner description: Eco City Tour & Bike rental Velo Service organizes and offers ecological sightseeing by rickshaw and bicycle that allows visitors to discover the city from a unique and exciting perspective not available to the average tourist. Apulia we Know, Apulia we show!
Rabat, Malta
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“great way to visit old bari”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

its absolutely the best possible way of visiting the highlights of Bari if you are able to ride a bicycle. Friendly, good english speaking guides who have a good sense of humour. Strongly recomennded

Visited November 2012

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“best tour ever”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

we have always steered clear of rickshaw tours as being simply not for us.We called at Bari on a cruise ship and time was limited.Sonia the rickshaw driver offered a tour and was very polite when we refused some little time later in need of directions I spoke with her and it was her enthusasim about her home city and the pride she has in being a guide showing guests the hidden gems -- we initaly agreed a 30 minute tour-- all aboard and so began a dialoge of not only knowledge of the city sites but the meaning of growing up in a buatiful city and the keeness to share with visitors.A gentle ride around narrow paved streets stopping at points that would have been buried in the guide books and simply missed had we tried to do the tour ourselves.After 30 mins--which felt like 5-- we reached the end and Sonia diappeard --returning with a taster of her favourit coffee ice cream --before dropping us off she mentioned a tour extension -- slightly discounted-- to which we happily aggreed-- the second part mixed old and new Bari but the lasting part was the meeting of the ladies who make the pasta for local restreaunts outside their fron doors in the narrow paved streets in the old town--magic.Sonia dropped us back at the ship which was a freewheeling fun pitched ride--yes we did howl when the speed rose and shouted 'mush' on the uphills.Fun Dun Fun.
Once back at the ship goodbyes said and Sonia was gone--then I remembered the bag complete with i pad I had stored in the bikes under seat box--OMG-- I set off to look and saw another rickshaw -- I stopped this and the guy directed me to a 'ricksahw station' some 500 yars away--but the time I reached this the guy I had spoken to had telephoned the owener who met me and in turn called Sonia--she returned and Velo inssisted in carrying me back to the ship.
It turns out the other driver and second guy were the owners and they too had the same enthusasim for Bari and the wish to show visitors its secrets.
I have no hesiation whatsoever in recomeding these guys or the ricksahw tour you wont be disappointed
Our first visit to Bari-- being honest we had never heard of it before --wont be our last

5 Thank Mike H
Weesp, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Velo Service: the perfect way to discover Bari”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

At first we had to overcome our feeling of guilt to be carried with the three of us by the slender Guiseppe, but we needn't worry. Bari is not that hilly ;-) and Guiseppe is well trained for the job.

More importantly, he made it possible for us to get a grasp of this city in a couple of hours. At every corner he'd come up with yet another angle on this beautiful city. It is simply the best way to get to know Bari quickly!

Tx for the ride!

1 Thank Jurriaan S
Ulaanbaatur, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A fantastic day trip / city tour at Bari”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My young family of four visited Bari for the day whilst on a cruise day trip. A nice gentlemen named Victor offered us a personal guided tour of the town via his rick-shaw. With nothing planned we accepted and we were very pleasantly delighted with our decision. Our guide's knowledge of the city's history was excellent, well communicated in English and he was also very friendly and personable as well. We had little expectation of our stop in Bari and in hindsight it was one of the highlights of our Mediterranean cruise. He even took us back to the cruise ship terminal as well when our tour finished. Thanks to Victor - We have a lasting delightful memory of Bari.

2 Thank Aaron G
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Velo services Bari”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I arrived on the cruise ship Spendour of the Seas to Bari Italy.We arrived last Sunday week 14th October. We went for a ramble to the town. We met a lovely girl named Sonia who asked us would we like a tour of the town on a peddle car. We said said we would and off we went. She took us all over the old town and more.Sonia was very knowledgeable and pleasant and took us the places we would have never found on our own. Keep up the good work Sonia we will recommend your tour to our friend. Alan & Evelyn. Dublin Ireland

2 Thank Evelyn B