1,208 results
All reviews old town negative points rooftop restaurant breakfast room good size front desk staff top floor breakfast was excellent excellent location quiet room historic center lovely hotel quiet location train station only stayed one night spent nights rooms are large
Selected filters
Reviewed May 9, 2019

A nice hotel, well situated very close to lots of great restaurants, cafés and the old town. The staff are good and very helpful, the breakfasts good, but the wifi was almost totally useless.
We were on the second floor, in the front of the hotel - so not tucked away in a back corner. My husband was able to connect his phone to the wifi only intermittently and it frequently dropped out. So frequently that it wasn't worth using in the end.
My phone and computer couldn't even pick up the signal. I asked about it at the desk, but shrugged shoulders and the suggestion to come to the lobby to use the wifi were the only reply I got.
Not really good enough.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

I came to the Palace after a bad experience with a local B&B. I was feeling bad and they lifted my spirits with every possible form of kindness and professionalism. My room was cozy and I could hear birds singing outside my window.Breakfast was abundant and delicious. The next day when I called about a small object I couldn’t find, they took special care to contact the cleaning staff and called me back promptly. In the end I had it in my bag! I feel like I have friends in Bari and I will always return to them. Highly recommended for all the personal touches, not to mention the great location!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Francesca B, Direttore at Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

Dear Laura, thank you very much for your kindness. I'm very glad that you appreciated your staying at the Palace Hotel in Bari. We work every day with passion to create the best conditions for all our guests. We would be very proud to host you again as soon as possible. With our best regards.

Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

I recently visited here as part of a business trip. Foukd the hotel perfect and clean rooms. One drawback was no availability of iron in rooms. You can get clothes ironed by in house service but otherwise bring a travel iron. Hotel is well located close to old part of bari.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2019 via mobile

Great location near upscale shopping in the pleasant Murat area not far from the castle and Bari Vecchia, the historic center. Also not far from the Cathedral of Saint Nicola. In fact some rooms have a view of these historic sites as does the top floor restaurant. Some rooms face on to busy Corso Vitoria Emmanuele. I would imagine these might be noisy with open windows. My room was on the side street where the hotel’s entrance is located, and that was very peaceful.

There is garage parking for an additional, reasonable fee. The restaurant offered a diverse menu and the courses are presented very creatively. Two of us truly enjoyed everything we ordered, except I thought my particular dessert was unimaginative. Service and wine selection were excellent. There is outdoor dining in warm weather offering a great view over the castle and the cathedral. Overall, a very good value.

The cafe offered various types of seating — but not at the long bar :(
The cocktails were well done and there were complimentary snacks offered.

Staff were professional and courteous.

The rooms are large, clean and well appointed. Plenty of storage too. The entire hotel is traditional in style and furnishings.

I was seeing a performance at the Teatro Petruzelli. That was a leisurely 12 minute walk. I would return to the Palace Hotel for future visits to Bari.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank whidden39
Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

The service was beyond perfect and everything was on the highest level.
Thank you, best place to stay in Bari.
Great breakfast, clean and lovely.
The staff was gentle and kind.
I loved it alot.