1,208 results
All reviews old town breakfast room negative points rooftop restaurant good size front desk staff top floor breakfast was excellent excellent location quiet room historic center lovely hotel quiet location train station only stayed one night spent nights rooms are large
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2019

This was my 3rd stay at Palace and I must say things are getting worst. Once it was a beautiful well decorated hotel with a superb breakfast.
Now the breakfast is still worth the price, but the rest...
We got a very small room at 5th floor. All carpets very old and stained.
Our bathroom had broken tiles, mold inside the shower and, I must say, a so-so cleaning.
Light inside the room was very low, bad sound isolation: we could hear perfectly everything from our neighbors, and unfortunately they liked to keep tv loud until very late in the night.
We had a small closet ikea style in the room, white with thin walls, all shaky, while I remember in my previous stay we had antique furniture with beautiful style. Inside the closet there was also the minibar.
No tea facility, no safe, door very thin with worn handle.
This hotel deserves 10 for position and breakfast, the rest is an average motel on the highway. Not worth the price.

1  Thank ntscc
Reviewed January 4, 2019

Hotel is centrally located with a few steps away from Old Bari and 20 minutes walk from the train station. The hotel has a restaurant on the 7th Floor which is good and convenient and a cafe at ground level which is chic and lovely. The breakfast was good and the staff are very helpful and hands on deck,in making sure everyone gets their espresso or cappuccino. Only problem was the morning on New Years day when customers were made to have breakfast in a makeshift room because there were VIPs in the normal breakfast room. Customers should have been informed beforehand as it was inconvenient to be barred from using the usual room. The waiting staff at this hotel are truly hard workers as they saved the day.

Room tip: Opt for rooms overlooking the street.
1  Thank Josette D
Reviewed December 7, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed three nights in this hotel from 6th to 9th december with a group of 17 persons who were travelling by Puglia for 10 days. This was the very worst hotel in our tour. Rooms are not very modern and the bathroom is clearly old fashioned. My allergy was very bad in this hotel because the room had dust in carpet and blankets. And finally, our group was forbidden to go to the breakfast room (with many and different kind of food) and we were obliged to go to a very horrible dinning room pretentiously called "Palace cafe" where there was little food and bad quality. I absolutely no recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled on business
5  Thank CarlesBuenacasa
Francesca B, Direttore at Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2018

Dear Carles, thank you very much for your review. I'm very sorry in reading the description of our "classic hotel" as an old fashioned one. If necessary, you could have asked to be assigned a parquet floor room since may rooms have now a beautiful parquet floor. As for breakfast I have to say that your description is not honest: we serve breakfast for groups in our beautiful Palace Cafè, the most beautiful lounge bar in Bari, recently built in 2015. We agreed with your travel agency the kind and variety of food - only the best foodstuffs - (I mention only a few of description of them: selection of cakes, croissants, garlic toasted bread with tomatoes, milk, hard boiled eggs and bacon, fresh fruit, fruit in syrup, jams, ham and fontina cheese, fruit juices and so on.......) , a well as the beautiful Palace Cafè where breakfast had to be served. I think you were a bit hard with us and I hope you will change your mind next time you come and stay at the Palace Hotel in BAri. Best regards.

Reviewed December 1, 2018

This hotel has almost everything you can desire: great location, rooms that are large, elegant and clean, high quality breakfast (with local cheese, great cold cuts, fresh fruit, excellent cakes and coffee). Everything was just fine until we got back to our room on Saturday night and realized that there was some kind of event on the ground floor (at Palace Cafè, I guess) and that techno music was perfectly audible even on the fourth floor. Would I go back? Not over the weekend, or at least I'd check in advance that no party/concert is scheduled, because the soundproofing is definitely inadequate.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank raf89
Reviewed November 27, 2018

Spent two night at the Palace Hotel. Extremely comfortable room with the only negative points being the shower which is somewhat tight and rooms not being internally soundproof. Staff were very helpful and helped to organised our requirements . Great Breakfast . Hotel is centrally located and close to the center of town as well as Bari Old town.

Date of stay: November 2018