1,395 results
All reviews great hotel free airport shuttle free bikes sheraton hotel vip floor fitness center great information replaced daily attending a conference small balcony good sized bathroom buffet style rooms are nice two nights hotel bar residential area complimentary water
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019

I had been traveling with a group through Apulia at mostly moderate-budget hotels so this hotel was a sight for sore eyes!

The decor was sleek and modern, the staff was helpful and friendly, the rooms modern and clean. We were most excited to get fluffy pillows and nice hygiene products.

We were on our own for dinner so it was very helpful that there was several restaurants to choose from within walking distance that were delicious. In the morning we were delighted by the breakfast offerings! I wanted to pack a bag and take some with me they were that good!

Sadly we only stayed one night but we loved every minute of our time here!
***There was one con that I forgot until now, the room was very cold and we couldn’t get it to warm up.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank wilson4allaround
Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

This is a great hotel. A bit expensive but the rooms are modern and well kept. Good parking inside which is wide so no door dents but comes at €10 per night. We had a nice room on the 10th floor - great views. The breakfast is typically Italian with a great selection. I recommend this hotel, you will like it.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2019

The roon is quite big, the bathroom needs definetly an update.
I can live with that but I had 2 problems that make me not recommend this hotel, first, the room was cold even with the heater on and the only solution I got was “wait for another 15 minutes”. Second, when I went to take a shower in the morning, no hot water at all! And during one of the coldest days of winter this was too much.
For sure there shoul be better options in Bari.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
RFrugis, General Manager at The Nicolaus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2019

Dear madame, We are really sorry for your bad experience. Even if we work hard, it could happen to have a technical problem. You have been very unlucky because you found the problem just during the night and the only thing we could do was to propose you to change room. Actually we are not used to this kind of problems; in fact,​ if we offered often cold showers or cold rooms to our guests we couldn’t receive so many good reviews. That’s why we really hope you are going to have the chance to come back to Bari where we would like to host you in our hotel in order to give you a new impression of what our standards really are. Best regards

GM

Reviewed November 9, 2018 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it was close to the airport. My son flew out the day before us, and the front desk made sure they got an early taxi. Though the standard fare is 25 euros, he had to pay more because it was an early pickup.
My husband and I had a small room with 2 single beds...our sons rooms as large spacious-kingsize bed! Go figure.
There was no problems with either room, both were quite, clean and staff was wonderful. We both got into our rooms early.
There are restaurants around, or eat at the hotel. My husband and I ate dinner at the hotel, it was delicious.
We had breakfast, which had everything on it!! Staff was quick & polite. We would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 387virginias
RFrugis, General Manager at The Nicolaus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2018

Dear Guest,
A Hotel is something more than the walls and our effort is to give a great service to our guest.
We really hope to have you soon again here.

Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at The hotel for three nights while attending a conference there as well. This was very well organised, with well appointed conference hall and meeting rooms. Bespoke lunches held on the 14th floor were also extremely well done.

I stayed in room 309, whatnot assume is a standard double. It was a good size, extremely clean with a nice firm bed. The decor is slightly dated but immaculate. The mini Bar is well stocked and very reasonably priced for a hotel - as is the hotel bar.

Breakfast is equally good with plenty of choice and very attentive staff.

I used the gym twice but it's quite small - two bikes, three treadmills and some free weights .. although one of the treadmills wasn't working. There a no changing facilities thatbi found so get changed in your room but there are towels and complimentary bottles of water available. No TV I'm afraid but there is a fancy amp system. I couldn't work it out though so just bugged myself into my phone for music.

There are usually taxis on standby outside the hotel but if not the hotel can call one up for you and the way this just a few mins. €25 to and from the airport and €10-12 to the Old Town.

The hotel does offer a free shuttle bus to and from the airport on a set schedule so if the timings are convenient it's really useful. I used it to when I arrived in Bari and booked it by email. Sadly my name wasnt on the list but the driver accommodated me in any case.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank NeilHedger

Dear Guest,
We are happy to read your positive comment.
We hope to see you​ soon again.