“Great place to be”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you like fresh seafood, fish, good local vine, Italian pastries, and excellent service Al Pescatore is the place!

1  Thank Ritusechka
There are newer reviews for Al Pescatore

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our waiter needs to find a new job! He no longer is enjoying work. However Antonio, waiter serving other tables, was helpful and lovely.
Food disappointing as the dishes we firstly ordered were not available, then we were served with a dish we didn't order and to top it off our salad was forgotten. It was also disappointing that the seafood in the wrong pasta dish was obviously frozen packet mix which very unfortunately came up again in the middle of the night. Normally I have a cast iron stomach.

As hospitality people we did return the next morning to quietly let the restaurant know something was not good but the lack of response or care means we are now leaving this public review.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I pass by this restaurant & show fresh fish on display. Thus, I decided to go in. As I entered the restaurant area, I was immediately greeted by a waiter, who ushered to a table on the outside.

I eat pasta (i.e.i paccheri, a local type of pasta) with astice, mixed fish platter and a sorbet. Everything was accompanied by a local wine, large bottle of water, an amaro and a coffee.

The pasta dish was excellent, whereas the mixed platter was average. Service was also good. All for the some of 50 euro, which is very reasonable. Yes, the bill wasn't items & it wasn't a fiscal receipt. No big deal for me!!!

I asked for both the food and wine menu, and it was offered without any objects, unlike what previous reviewers have said. Asking politely, preferable in Italian & you get anything.

Definitely, in my country, for a similar order would have paid quite more, bearing also in mind that the wine alone which I order from the wine list was 20 euro!!!!

I recommend this restaurant to everybody. Go, excellent food !!!

3  Thank Valletta054
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife, son and I went to this restaurant on the recommendation of our Hotel Boscolo Bari. We arrived at 9:00 pm, there was no menus presented, I told the waiter what we were looking for, some Ostriche, mussels, calamari, some mozzorella, pasta. Without seeing a menu, he just kept bringing food out, plate after plate. My wife got scared, we couldn't it all. They were either trying to be really nice or just pumping up the bill. It was pumping up the bill!!!!! We didn't eat all the mozzorella, which he took back full plates and probably gave it to another table. My son asked for lemonate sherbet, brought out these extravagant desserts plate after plate, which I refused because we were soooooooooooo full.
He gave those desserts to the next table, not sure if I paid for them still, I'm getting to that!
Finally I got firm and said "No More!!" Just the bill. The bill comes over, written on a piece of paper, $220 Euro. I turned to my wife and smiled, it was our last night in Italy, great food, service started rough but ended up fantastic, so he over charged me $60-$80 Euro I figured. I'd go back but next time insist to see either menus or a price list!!
Last night, I was with my cousins in Giovinazzo, eating at a restaurant by mare, there was 10-12 of us, bill was $200 Euro.
When I return, I will go back to this place. All the locals eat here, so I know he took advantage of me because of us being tourists.

The walk to Old Bari, Bari Vecchio, was needed to walk off the food.

Patrons beware, but this is a must go to when your in Bari. Just be firm, ask for prices and a menu!

3  Thank Stucatz68
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Everything said in the summary - plates thrown on the table without a word (let alone eye contact) - and being early in the evening we were almost the only guests. Reasonable foodquality, overpriced though.

1  Thank Yoram2006