“Most uninspiring meal in Italy”

La Cantina di Cianna Cianne
Reserve a Table
Sat, 10/19
8:00 PM
Ranked #181 of 1,382 Restaurants in Bari
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In the Cantina of Cianna Cianne, taste and innovation come together to create the perfect mix... CIANNAMARE. Let delight from sandwiches to grand gourmet sea!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Were really disappointed as we’d been recommended by a friend who was born in Bari Service was dismissive No bottled Primitivo but a watery vina da casa was delivered Weren’t super hungry so opted for raw tuna, grilled octopus and a salad No salad on menu and when ours arrived you could see why Food was good but not presented well
Only two other people when we arrived which should have run alarm bells and they didn’t finish their glasses of wine
Given we’d had an excellent lunch and dinner during our stay in Bari this was a disappointing end to three wonderful weeks in Italy

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

Came across this restaurant just by chance whilst walking around Old Bari. What a good find. Eat here several times during our stay and was never disappointed. Katerina ( hope I have spelt her name right) always attended to us and was absolutely brilliant.Her english was sufficient to explain the menu but the atmosphere was totally Italian. The food was delicious and plentiful and very good value.If you want good food and authentic atmosphere I would definitely try this restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

We had lunch here today as the restaurant because the one we hoped to eat at was closed. We both had the daily lunch special of orrechiete the a tomato rags and then meatballs in the same basic tomato sauce. The meal is sitting heavy in our stomach and we wish we had eaten elsewhere.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 21, 2019

The day was sunny with a bright blue sky and a cold wind blowing from the Baltic. It was lunchtime and we were hungry. In the old city but close to the promenade we did not find many restaurants open. So taking a deep breath we went in to a cheerily decorated restaurant with very few dining. There was no English menu but a helpful waitress did her best to translate. Unfortunately, between her accented English and our nervousness we picked up about 20% of what she was saying. My husband ordered a local favourite and I ordered a pasta dish, which I was hoping was not seafood, and a carafe of the local red. The wine was gorgeous, my husband's lunch came in two courses: a mixture of something that was deep fat fried, the local equivalent of french fries, and a hearty pasta dish with a red sauce, while my ravioli styled pasta with exquisite sauce, vegetables and stringy cheese was, simply, the best Italian pasta meal I have ever had. Neither of us actually know precisely what it was we ate, but the food was delicious. And the staff were as helpful as they could be, friendly and courteous. If I was ever in this area again I would go out of my way to visit this restaurant, next time, hopefully, better prepared to deal with our language problem.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed October 31, 2018

Very friendly staff that is more designed to provide service to the locals than the English speaking tourist.

We visited twice and both times the food was eexcellent, house vino good and well priced.

As experienced travellers from Australia we are not keen on dining where the locals do not go, for example the main squares.

We found this restaurant a welcoming place for us.

Date of visit: October 2018