“Simply the best!”
Review of Caffe Pigafetta

Caffe Pigafetta
Ranked #1 of 17 Nightlife in Vicenza
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have lived in Italy for four years now and this is my favorite cafe in the whole world! The great care and love placed into every cup of coffee is astounding. Gigi and Carla became friends with us and befriended our son. We speak a little Italian and they little English but care for what you do and an appreciation for life knows no language. Gigi showed my son how to work the espresso machine and handle money... Carla loved showing him to the locals (and there are many locals which as a traveler, tells you a great deal) and they both always loaded him up with chocolate. There are people you meet in life that make you proud to have travelled to a different country where you do not know the language but can communicate in happiness. This is what separates this cafe from the multitude of cafes ever visited, a love for life and what you do every moment. You can taste it in the excellent coffee and palladio cappuccinos!

2  Thank turtlefly
There are newer reviews for Caffe Pigafetta

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Everything we have had at this lovely little cafe has been outstanding. Both the brioche and the coffees of various sorts at the appropriate times of day.

How Gigi and Claudia keep everything in their heads and always get it right is a real knack.

In addition to the prepared coffees they also have many many different blends from around the world and can combine them just as you like, and they have many different teas as well.

The location is great, just down from the house with the same name as the street and this Caffe, on the corner just down from the statue of Palladio.

There's no reason to go anywhere else for the coffee satisfaction, morning or evening.

1  Thank nigel603
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I love coffee and love visiting coffeeshops whenever I visit a new place. By now, I've probably tried hundreds of coffeeshops and Pigafetta is my absolute favorite. It's the best coffee in the world and I am not joking. I was visiting Vicenza with my boyfriend and we were staying with friends who live there. My friend goes to Pigafetta almost daily and raved about their coffees, but I didn't go until nearly a week into our visit. I was so mad that they didn't take me earlier! I loved the coffee so much that I went three times in one day. Seriously. I was addicted. And for good reason.

If you go, you must try the palladio. I tried many of the flavored coffees and that was my absolute favorite. The other flavors were good as well but go for the palladio!

Mr Gigi and Carla, the owners, are amazing - they're so nice, passionate about their coffee and shop, and patient with visitors who are unfamiliar with the language. Mr. Gigi even promised to come to DC and teach my boyfriend how to make all his coffees if we open a coffeeshop in DC!

To me, Pigafetta is the perfect coffeeshop. I miss it so much and wish I could transplant it wherever I am so I could get my fix.

1  Thank Liz C
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a very nice cafe and has many different types of specialty coffee. My favorite is the Tiramisu al rum! This one is the best coffee I've had in my life! :) Stop in for a cup and enjoy your stay in Vicenza.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed December 13, 2012

They have the best coffee of Vicenza, it's a little cute coffee shop. I recomend the Pistacchio cream and Tiramissu cream.