“Worst hotel stay ever”

Hotel Residence Victoria
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Vicenza
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My family and I took a vacation and stayed at this hotel. Our air conditioning wasn't working in 100 degree heat. Neither was it working for many of my colleagues that brought their families down for a vacation as well. We complained three days in a row and received excuses as to why is was not working each day. Hotel was fully booked, but they never offered to switch rooms for us if anything came available. Our room was miserable and we had to purchase fans just to be able to sleep at night. In addition the housekeeping staff did minimal housekeeping. They didn't make up beds or clean the shower. Mold was starting to build up within the first three days of our stay. They did change out towels, but that was it. Lastly parking was insufficient to accommodate guests and restaurant patrons at the same time. I had to park illegally and go out an hour later to see if any regular parking was then available. Staff was friendly,but still couldn't fix the major issue...air conditioning. I would have sacrificed courteous service for ice cold air. I will never, ever stay here again.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ShawnandDiana D
There are newer reviews for Hotel Residence Victoria

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here for a night while visiting the local area. We had a triple room so we had a lot of space. It ended up being a double bedroom with a seating area, kitchen, and twin bed. The room was really nice, but our only problem was the noise level from upstairs. The walls are either paper thin or the kids above us were having a party! It sounded like two younger kids just running and jumping and screaming from the living room back into the bedroom. It continued from 930/10pm until midnight or later. I don't know why anyone would let their kids act like that in a hotel. We should've called the front desk, but we kept thinking they would put their kids to bed! As for the rest of the hotel, breakfast was a rather large selection and everything we had was good. Parking was free and in a nice large lot. There was also a really nice pool, but it was cold and raining when we were there so we only got to look at it. I would recommend the hotel if you are heading to the area as I doubt you will encounter the same noisy family in the room above you!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This was my second stay at the Victoria. The room I got was a brand new, remodeled room and was VERY nice! The room was very clean, roomy and comfortable. The breakfast was very good! Lots of different items to choose from and no extra cost for it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Well located near city center of Vicenza. Has a good parking place. The hotel restaurant is good with very good service. You can have from a pizza up to nice fresh fish.The Hotel team is helpfull.Rooms are clean and beads very comfortable.From my room I could have a nice view to the country side.The breakfast was very good and had plenty of choices.

Room Tip: My room was 1143 and had a good view to the country side
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean hotel that seems to cater to foreigners, but not necessarily touristy. We stayed here because we were bed and breakfasts out, and wanted a more American style hotel. It was just that, a break from tourist and over priced foods. It is 10 min from the down town vicenza area, although there is a Metro bus stop directly across the street, and a mall next door. It's about a 10 euro ride from the train, or bus station. The restaurant in the hotel was very good and affordably priced. The Hotel is nothing super fancy, but definitely nice enough. Breakfast was fairly good with quite a few options.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stay here for about a week every year due to a convention. The staff at the hotel and restaurant are very friendly and accommodating. Nothing much to complain except that it really could do with an iron / board in every room or residence. Some decent toiletries are in order as well...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2012

During a 12 day stay in Vicenza in September 2012, I became well acquainted with the Hotel Victoria. At first, I was situated in a large 'apartment' style room with three twin beds, plenty of closet space (actually there were wardrobes), a kitchenette and spacious bathroom. If this type of room is in your budget (I think I paid something like 65 Euros a night) I would highly recommend it. The hotel itself is a bit of a maze to navigate and by all means, travel light; the elevators are teeny-tiny! There's a nice outdoor pool that was closed shortly after my arrival, despite the beautiful weather; a bit of a disappointment. However, the best part of my stay was the fantastic European-style continental breakfast served every morning in a bright and cheery dining room. One could also choose to sit outdoors on the covered veranda and enjoy the culinery delights that Hotel Victoria offers. Other highlights: the front desk staff all spoke English well and were pleasant and professional; plus, the lobby is very spacious and don't worry - there's free wifi. There's also a mall located adjacent to the hotel with a supermarket, shops and fast food eateries (yep, there's even a McDonalds). Additionally, there's a bus that runs right in front of the hotel that will take you into downtown Vicenza and stops near the train station (bus tickets can be purchased from the front desk of the hotel). From there, it's a cinch to hop on a train and go anywhere in Italy or beyond. I took a trip to Venezia one day and visited Verona on another day; train travel's the only way to go in Europe!
So if you plan a trip to Northern Italy, consider staying at the Hotel Victoria. It's the best place to stay and see some of the most enchanting cities in Northern Italy. Oh, and one more thing; the Hotel Victoria has a fantastic ristorante in-house called Al Company. More about them in my next review. Ciao!

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have three twin beds; this is a bit different from American Hotels that usually ha...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business