“In one word: "Amazing"”
Review of Il Molo

Il Molo
Ranked #5 of 508 Restaurants in Vicenza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Small and typical Mediterranean restaurant il Molo suggest dishes influenced by the Sicilian cuisine
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I spent November and December in Vicenza, Italy for work and while I had many great meals at many different restaurants, il Molo is far and away the best restaurant in town. The venue is intimate and cool; the food is classic and innovative at the same time; the staff are wonderful people, a pleasure to be around and to get to know. I ate there no less than eight times in the seven weeks that I was there and each meal was amazing. The seafood is always fresh and cooked to perfection and the pasta dishes are incredible--especially the Pasta Norma. If you are in Vicenza and you do not find the time to eat at il Molo, you have missed out on the chance to have your best meal in a country known for great food. Call ahead for a reservation.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The two restaurants in the centre that we had targeted for a Tuesday night were full at 8:30 so we took a chance on Il Molo which we had planned for the following evening. We got the last table and were so pleased that we came back again the following evening. It’s not in the tourist centre but it’s worth seeking out. As others have said, it’s small and it’s advisable to book. The organisation has a casual feel which may irritate some – prices per course on a blackboard at the door and no written menus or wine list. The waiter’s English is quite good but heavily accented – we found our little bit of Italian helped.
After a couple of sips of the complimentary prosecco we settled into a great meal. We shared beef and melanzane involtini for starters – both great. For mains we had stuffed sardines and minced monkfish in pastry – the sardines were the better of the two. Draft mineral water served in jugs at no extra charge. Superb Nero d’Avola for about €20.
Second night I had pasta with sardines – would have liked a little more sardine but was still delicious. Wife had stuffed cheese which was really good. For mains we had sliced rib eye which was tender and tasty. In the absence of a wine list I asked the waiter to recommend a Veneto wine to suit the type of grapes we preferred and it was super – again for around €20.
Only slight criticism is that there can be a bit of a wait between courses. It’s not that the service is slow but I think there are only one or two in the kitchen and the place seems to be full every night. An extra pair of hands might help?
If you are staying in Vicenza for more than one night I recommend that you go here first – you may not want to go anywhere else afterwards.

1  Thank El_Timon
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I wanted to like this restaurant. The people are so friendly and the atmosphere is wonderfully modern. The main focus is fish and Sicilian food, which might be one reason that we just thought the food was average. There was also a limited menu for food and wine. My wife and I ordered 3 courses each and one course was too salty (even the chef thought so and refunded our money) and one was just not good. The other dishes were good Sicilian food. Reservations are a must as we tried several times to go without them and were not successful. There is also a small wine bar in the front that is very accommodating.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We came here after reading some other experiences on tripadvisor. But still didn't really know what to expect. Once we were set at our table they offered us free prosecco. There was no menu, everything was fresh, each day they buy and select the best food to serve that night. It was amazing, very well prepared and they advised an excellent wine.

1  Thank Joriis
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Excellent Sicilian food. I been last week and the food was amazing. The fish I ate was very fresh and the staff was very friendly.
I recommend.