“Fine, except for big dog and rooms with bugs.”
Review of B&B Villa Beatrice

B&B Villa Beatrice
Ranked #1 of 425 Verona B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Lets start with what was great:

The service. Simone went out of his way to make us happy. He did anything and everything to help us and to make our time more pleasant. This includes (but not limited to) letting us do laundry, making homemade jams from scratch, and guiding us to the city centre.

Which brings us to the not so good part:

He had to guide us because the route is difficult to drive, not to mention dangerous. The switchbacks and steep hills were lengthy and nauseating. He has a better way, but that is difficult to get to and the GPS has trouble finding it.

When we finally arrived at the gate, we were also not impressed. He had a dog without a leash running around that would jump right on to you and possibly knock your children over (do not recommend for families, this energetic puppy scratches the faces of children and scares them silly). Thankfully, Simone agreed to chain the dog up for our way out.

When we got in, we found bugs in our room on the floor and falling on us in bed. Ladybugs, ants and spiders colonized both of the rooms we stayed in.

Make no mistake. Simone did everything in his power, but some things were still left to be desired.

Would not recommend and would not come back.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank frequentflier20
mrsimonbbvb, Proprietario at B&B Villa Beatrice, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to write your feedback about your 1 night stay at Villa Beatrice!

I'm so glad that you wrote the 1st negative review because you make the other 462 positive reviews even more credible, if somebody had some doubts.

Thank you for appreciating the service which included - you forgot to mention - homemade pancakes you requested me via mail on the same morning of your arrival for the next day breakfast , because your kids (9 and 11 years old) felt homesick and longed for them.
It was a pleasure to satisfy your needs.

And not to speak about the reservation at the restaurant Da Ugo, where finally you didn't go because you didn't' find it (after my clear explanations) - and the kids were starving - you said.
You didn't even cancel the reservation made.

I respect your opinion but I find your objections very unfair.

Some clarifications for you and our TA readers.

We lie on the hills of Verona, 6 km from the old town, in a beautiful setting. There are several roads to reach this place.
With the email of confirmation (at least 3 months prior to your arrival date) I sent you a detailed map to arrive here which would make your way easier to the B&B,. Nevertheless you wanted to follow the SAT NAV instructions which led you on challenging roads.

Having heard about your bad driving experience I drove you into town at night to a parking lot close to the old town. Because I wanted to show you the right way to/from the B&B.

As for my dog (an australian shepherd of 8 months, 10 kg, still a puppet, adorable, playful, friendly..NOT A LION THAT ROARS aggressively like you described it) which everybody loves and it's one of the reasons why people stay at Villa Beatrice I don't' know what to say...

Your kids, I remind you , are not babies - and you told me that there were not afraid of dogs - so they could keep the puppet away..and besides would you keep a puppet leashed? It s not a watchdog ;-)

I took action immediately as I saw you were concerned about this matter and took the dog in my mum's kitchen. For your entire stay.

Last but not least...on arrival after settling in the rooms and we met you didn't mention anything about the presence of "non paying" undesired guests in the house especially after I asked if everything was alright in the house.

I do the cleanings personally every day and I'm a maniac when it comes to hygiene!

After you left doing the cleaning I didn't find any spider nor bugs, ants but only a little ladybug (so sweet ;-)

I do aplogize for this anyway.

Didn't you go a little bit over the top?
If you had told me about this problem I would have had sorted out immediately.
My goal is to make everybody happy here ;-

Besides In the light of the fact that you used 3 double rooms and 2 bathrooms (whereas you booked and payed 2 double rooms with a shared bathroom) I'll find your review very unjust.

Villa Beatrice is not for everybody...only for people that are loyal, respectful, appreciate the nature, the dogs, the tranquillity of the countryside , the natural life style and the true italian hospitality.

Kind regards.

Simone Coliselli

There are newer reviews for B&B Villa Beatrice

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed in October and had the whole villa to ourselves. Very comfortable and quiet. Simone was an outstanding host - he marked all of the important sites in town to see and gave us great recommendations for lunch, dinner and gelato. Breakfast was incredibly abundant and delicious. A perfect stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CLTDirect
Reviewed December 16, 2012

So we didn't have a fabulous time at V. Beatrice like everyone else. I am willing to chalk it up to the fact that Simone wasn't there for our stay and his sister was minding the desk (who seemed rushed and inconvenienced by our stay). Also, since it gets dark early in November, it was challenging driving to and from Verona. This is probably a much nicer place to stay in the summer and when Simone is around. He was quite helpful via email exchanges.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gumonmyshoe
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about B&B Villa Beatrice. Simone, the owner, is the nicest person and took great care of us while staying there. He makes the best breakfast - probably the best breakfast I've ever had and is so sweet. The B&B is incredibly well taken care of - super clean and nice accommodations. The only negative thing I can think of is the location - but it's worth the 10 minute drive from town. It's so peaceful and serene and you get a lot out of your money. It's reasonably priced and you get so much out of it! I would definitely come back here again - and I'm sure Simone would remember us by name. It was that great!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Betsy T
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here in September 2012 for 3 nights while attending a trade show. It is fabulous and Simone is a wonderful host. There is no better. I have been to Italy 10+ times for work and fun, and this is the best value I have seen. We will stay here every year for our trade show. The breakfast is delicious and Simone really caters to whatever your needs are during the stay. Absolutely recommended! Do not hesitate!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was our second stay at Villa Beatrice and our experience from the first time was confirmed. As usual the breakfast is unique, chatting to other guests, and planning the day with Simone, who was like last time an excellent host. His attention to detail is unequalled - there are cushions you can take with you to the Arena to put on the seats.

While we were there, the weather was less than perfect, but Simone put together a program for us, including shopping that avoided too much outdoor walking in the rain. I also discovered that we share a common passion - running, so he recommended a nice track some 15 minutes away from the Villa.

Simone's ranking as the best B&B in the Verona area is well deserved. He does not need reviews anymore :o)

Room Tip: So far we have used the two rooms upstairs that share a bath, and the one downstairs. Rondinella ups...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was my first stay at a B+B while traveling in Europe and it clearly sets the bar very high. Simone is a gem. He welcomed us on our arrivial and as we had mistakenly taken the wrong road with a rather harrowing experience thanks to an errant GPS (not because of his instructions) he cracked open a great bottle of local wine to take the edge off. Then when it was determined that unless we went to town to eat our choices were minimal at that hour, another guest, an Italian, at Simone's urging made us all a marvellous dinner of pasta and radiccchio salad which was a highlight of our trip, topped off by his mother's homemade cake.

The touring advice Simone gave for Verona and the Lake Region was superb and we saw things we would have missed but for his advice. This was in essence like being a guest in a very hospitable friend's home. We went for dinner together at Da Ugo and had another great evening. SImone rocks!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends