“Fantastic B&B, wonderful city”
Review of B&B Villa Beatrice

B&B Villa Beatrice
Ranked #1 of 425 Verona B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at Villa Beatrice for a week with the intention of using it as a base to explore Verona and the surrounding areas and it was perfect. Simone, the host, ensures you make the most of your stay with his vast knowledge of the area and he provides plenty of excellent suggestions for where to go without being obtrusive, while his breakfasts are amazing! (I recommend the cappuccino and the healthy fruit etc on offer, it makes you wonder why you ever eat a McDonalds breakfast back in England!)
You definitely need to rent a car as the B&B is up some windy roads in the hills in Torricelle but once you've negotiated them a couple of times they are not a problem and it is just a 10 minute drive from the Villa to free parking in the city centre. Verona itself is a fantastic place to visit, while (without wanting to sound like a travel rep for Verona!) there is plenty of other things to do in the area, not least wine tasting, a visit to Lake Garda and plenty more.
We also had a lazy day of just enjoying the Villa's beautiful gardens, which against Simone ensures are kept in top notch condition and I really can't recommend this place highly enough. We never usually go back to visit the same place twice but with this B&B and with Verona I think we will definitely be making an exception and going back again soon! Thanks for everything Simone

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for B&B Villa Beatrice

Reviewed October 7, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our three night stay at Villa Beatrice, high in the hills above Verona. We had some difficulty getting there, as our GPS hadn't been updated to reflect a change that had turned a previously two-way street in Verona into a dead-end one. (Thanks to the guys at the Agip station on Via Goffredo Mameli for helping us get straightened out.) We arrived to a warm and enthusiastic welcome from Simone, the owner and host. The rooms, which are comfy, modern and well equipped, are in a house with wonderful views over the country and city - you really are perched high above Verona but the drive into town, to the free parking lot that Simone directed us to, is quite straightforward although going forward on the road down does not involve many straight sections. Simone supplies a very, very good breakfast - coffee, juice, breads, fruits, eggs, prosciutto in generous quantities on a sunny patio, weather permitting. As a service, he provides each guest with a Verona Card which gives free admission to a number of the city's prime attractions. It costs 10 euros for a day and you save that much and more if you visit about four of the ten or so attractions covered. It certainly saved us a lot of money. (If you use it, you pay Simone the 10 euros; if you don't, you just give him back the unused card.) In addition to giving us impeccable directions to interesting places in and around Verona, Simone also did some laundry for us. What a guy! We would definitely stay at Villa Beatrice again.

Room Tip: Two of the rooms share a bathroom. If that bothers you (and it would bother us) take account of this...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I never write reviews on places I've been before but this one is definitely worth it. Simone is such an amazing host. He will give you all the details on Verona and its must sees. My husband and I were only there for a short while and Simone was more than helpful to give us information on his lovely city. Breakfast was amazing (fresh fruit, croissants, cereal, eggs, homemade tarts, his famous juice made fresh every morning, etc) You never leave hungry! The rooms are also very nice and comfortable. I will definitely come back to this place. My only recommendation is to plan ahead of time a way to get to the B&B since it is not walking distance. Simone is more than happy to help with that. I highly recommend this B&B. You won't be disappointed!
Anne & Youri

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Wonderful hosts, Simone and family. Lovely gardens, stunning location. So close to the city of Verona but away from the hustle and bustle. A real oasis and so relaxing. A great bonus is the use of the kitchen and the barbeque ... so important to us Aussies. You must have dinner at "The Little Pig", just down the mountain road. Also Simone suggested a lovely drive to Garda, what a beautiful place. Thanks for a wonderful stay in Verona.

Room Tip: All rooms wonderful but three are upstairs.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My wife and I spent ONLY one night at Villa Beatrice with our son and his girlfriend while we visited Verona for the first time.Three nights would have been perfect! Simone is a gracious host. His hilltop country B&B is meticulously designed and maintained as are the grounds and gardens. Plenty of space, a shared full kitchen, and only a short drive to Verona. The online reviews are "spot on" - BELIEVE THEM. We will return for sure. Thanks, Simone.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Too many great reviews make me suspicious - so as I read the many glowing reports about Villa Beatrice my expectations grew higher & higher. Well, the great news is my expectations were more than met!
Every review before mine has accurately described this idyllic place - so I won't try, but just to say it's a home - not interior designed to within an inch of it's life (hallelujah) Even the sharing bathroom part wasn't a problem. It's a real home, where you instantly feel welcome and that's down to Simone, he really does excel as a host with his useful knowledge about all manner of things. Leisurely breakfasts on the patio with the other guests and Simone, looking after everyone are not to be missed - a real treat. The Villa Beatrice is off the beaten track (which is a really good thing!) But even our taxi driver with Sat Nav struggled to find it, mobile signals can be a bit weak - so calling Simone for extra directions doesn't always work. As long as you have Simone's map and look for Villa Beatrice signs you will find it - and you will be so glad you did. The test I apply to the places I stay is simple - would I go back? In Villa Beatrice's case - the answer is - yes, definitely.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Bella! My dad and I visited this B&B in August and can't recommend it enough. The warm welcome upon arrival, insider tips to Verona & the local area and picturesque surroundings are simply brilliant. The B&B is situated a little outside the city but for anyone visiting from a big city looking for some respite, you'll loooooove the contrast.

Simone is a wonderful, generous host and will make your stay really unforgettable. You will feel at home straight away and also a little bit spoilt - perfect! Breakfast on the terrace is also a delightful way to start the day.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family