“fabulous B&B with amazing breakfast and hosts”

Al Quadrifoglio Bed and Breakfast in Verona
Ranked #135 of 430 Verona B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Davide and Giusy are such lovely hosts.
We stayed there for 2 nights and they gave detailed emails on how to get to their place by bus from Verona Puorto Nuova.
Rooms have fresh towels, bathrooms are cleaned daily, really cosy and you totally get the Italian household feel and breakfast is amazing with home-made jams, italian small goods, fresh eggs/bread, juice, coffee, tea, anything you want!
The walk into the center is scenic across the bridge down IV Novembre and is about 15 minutes.
A cab costs under 10 euros to get into the town centre which we took a few times because we were running late to meet friends.
There are 2 other rooms they rent out and we met people at breakfast who were all really nice as well. You barely notice people there (maybe because we went out most of the day).
Really happy overall and would definitely come back ;-)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 14, 2012

As over reviewers have said this B&B is situated about 20-30 mins walk from the city center. It is on a main bus route to the Railway Station which takes about 15 mins. Our room was a good size and was clean, tidy and comfortable (had the best nights sleep for ages). It came with its own large bathroom. I cannot really add more than previous reviewers. The breakfasts are fantastic and Giusy had just started making bread which was wonderful. Davide is passionate about food and wine so if you have questions about local food and wine he will be able to help you. We thoroughly enjoyed Davide and Giusy's company and will definitely return

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AEDoxsey
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The Al Quadrifoglio is located just outside the old city centre of Verona, which I estimated to be a brisk walk of about 20-30 minutes between the two. There are buses running between the Al Quadrifoglio and the old city centre and the bus stop is near the B&B. However, we had cool spring weather and I found walking more enjoyable, which was both pleasant and refreshing.

The double rooms we had were tidy and clean. Lighting was on the dim side and not suitable for reading (perhaps not for an electronic tablet devise though). The two rooms shared a common bathroom, which is straddled between the two bedrooms. I recall there were only 3 double rooms for rental so there was a sense of privacy.

Breakfast was very good with a variety of pastry, fruits and cold cuts served. The owners have an interesting take on jam and would be happy to share their thoughts with you.

One other point I want to make on the location is that there are not many diners nor convenience stores nearby. Overall, our stay was cozy and pleasant. The rental was very affordable and I recommend this B&B to other budget conscious travelers.

Room Tip: Choose the room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank simonjw0807
Reviewed November 26, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here in October 2011. The owner is super-helpful, and waited patiently for us even though we arrived later than we thought we would. He even took time to explain us everything we wanted to know and more; about location, sights, restaurants, surrounding area etc. Rooms are clean and cosy, and the breakfast is really, really good!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shamsiyye
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My return trip to Verona included two operas (Aida and Carmen) as part of the Opera Festival, and another wonderful stay at Al Quadrifoglio. As usual, the hospitality was second to none, and the food and accommodations were perfect in every way. Sharing a bathroom with the other room is not a problem, the wireless Internet is always up and running, and the air conditioning means a perfect night's sleep, even in the heat of the summer. Although I had to check in extra early (having come in on the overnight train from Paris), there was no hesitation on the part of my wonderful hosts, Davide and Giusy. The B&B is very close to Verona Centro, and conveniently on a bus line from the train station. Other than the trip to and from the train station, you can see all of the major sites by foot. I am planning on returning with my new husband, and I recommend this B&B wholeheartedly to any and all who are wanting to discover my favourite city in Italy.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Catsitter
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I'm from Verona, and I've booked "Al Quadrifoglio B&B" for my friend's parents, coming for Aida in the Arena and to visit the city for a Weekend.
They thanked me a lot for booking there. They said me they felt better than in every holiday of their life at Al Quadrifoglio. Beautiful, clean and in a quiet but central area, but the best of all are Giusy and Davide. I felt I had to leave here a reference for these two incredible guys. They really care about people staying in Verona.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank fedesigno
Reviewed July 1, 2011

We stayed here for one night and wishes we had booked for more!

This house is run by a lovely welcoming couple who are so friendly!

The location is good, 10 minuta walk maximum to the arena for
Opera and all the main shops and restaurants.

On arrival we were given a map and great directions! They were both lovely and helpful.

Breakfast was the best I've had in Europe in the two months we gave been here!

The rooms are huge! Shared bathroom not an issue - and it's so big and so clean!

For the price, location and overall ease if our stay I hiiiiiighly recommend staying here!

We were lucky enough to get tickets last minute to the opening night of the opera season.... We showed up to the arena and got amazing tickets quite cheaply! Opera in verona is a must-do!

I'll be back!!