TripAdvisor

Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I are coffee fanatics so that means that in eight days in Verona we have been to a lot of cafes - and this is the best so far. We've visited twice and will no doubt do so again before we leave. It is tiny, in a lovely spot just opposite the Duomo, and with helpful staff. The coffee is good but the reason I suggest it's the best in Verona is that it was also hot. Why is it so many Italian cafes serve their coffees lukewarm at best? You should also check out their counter pastries. Good chocolate muffins and brilliant zaletti, a traditional Venetian cookie. Give them a try.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (351)

Reviewed August 8, 2019

Nice little place, few indoor and outdoor tables, right next to the Duomo.
Friendly staff. We stopped for a snack and had wonderful frozen yogurt with fruit sundaes, very tasty. Definitely worth a stop.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

We had coffee and muesli yoghurt here for breakfast. Disappointingly the muesli was very bland and more like boxed cereal on top of plain yoghurt and didn’t seem special / homemade for €5.

The decaf coffee had no flavour.

Worst was the loud traffic going by as we sat outside so we didn’t enjoy this at all and found it stressful. Right across the street is a much better place for breakfast with a quiet garden in the back, tasty yoghurt, croissants and coffee.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 23, 2019

I am well aware of language barriers. I speak English so I am always very patient when traveling as I am the outsider who does not speak a language that the majority does. However there is no excuse for this. I order an iced latte with almond milk. Very simple as they advertise everywhere that they cater to allergies. I was brought a big cup of milk. I said oh no with cafe, a latte. He said oh okay and came back with a shot of espresso. I now had a big glass of iced almond milk and a little bit of espresso. When I went inside to tell them this was not what I ordered as is tasted like I was just drinking a huge glass of almond milk, and tried to nicely explain what I had ordered to them. All I ordered was an iced latte, which they advertise ON THEIR MENU... it’s not like I went all special order on them...They did not try and help me and shooed me away, literally shooed with with hand gestures and said “Ciao”. What kind of customer service is that... I will never go back and would advise others not to as well... only positive of this experience is that I didn’t have to pay this awful place anything. I am now having a lovely latte next door at El Bistrot Caffe, lovely cafe with exceptional service. And very good coffee!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 21, 2019

My wife and I dropped into the cafe after visiting the Cathedral and it was a great decision to do so. We had a very nice inexpensive light lunch and coffee, served by extremely friendly staff. Well worth dropping in.

Date of visit: June 2019