“Gracious and friendly”
Review of B&B King

B&B King
Ranked #21 of 172 Specialty Lodging in Verona
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My friend and I stayed with Serena & Matteo last March and it was one of the best places in Italy that we stayed. Originally, we planned on staying in Verona for only a couple of nights, but once we were welcomed so warmly and settled into the comfortable place, we decided to stay for 5 days. It was pleasant and Serena was so incredibly thoughtful that it felt like we were visiting friends. She even went out one morning and bought her favorite almond breakfast pastry because I said that I loved almonds. Her and Matteo ensured that we had maps and advised us on what to see. Upon leaving, we were running late for our train (typical tourists) and Matteo was so kind as to drop what he was doing and run to get his car and then take us to the station. FINE HOSPITALITY! =) I hope to someday come back!

Room Tip: All of their rooms are beautiful and clean- they put lots of care into them.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for B&B King

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I love this place. We came into town by train and easily took the bus then walked to the B&B. From there we walked every where we wanted to go. If walking is not your thing they have bikes you can use. The owners are very nice and let us check in early. She also took the time to look at my TA restaurant research and make recommendations and help me with my map get to where we wanted to go.

If that wasn't enough she shared with us lasagna her mother had made and boy was it good. Speaking of food the breakfast the next morning included homemade breads and pastries as well as yogurt, fruit, cheese and meat.

In all my travels this is one of the best places we have stayed for location, value and the amazing food and friendly service. Trust me just stay here!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The host - Serena is very nice and full of passion.
She is willing to share all related information, including restaurant, how to visit Verona.
Location is good and I can reach all related viewpoints by foot.
Also, I can borrow the bicycles from Serena to see this city for FREE!!

Price is OK, Room is beautiful, Breakfast is also good.
I don't know why you don't choose B&B King if you want to stay in Verona.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My wife and I stayed here 1 night midweek in November 2013. There are 2 bedrooms. Our room was very clean and spacious, the bathroom was also very clean, the other bedroom was vacant so we had the bathroom all for ourselves as it is not en-suite.
The hosts Serena & Matteo are a young friendly couple and helpful in giving you tips about the town and the restaurants.
You can rent bicycles for free. If you come by car, they give you a pass which allows you to park anywhere indefinitely.
Breakfast was very good, on the day we stayed Serena had also cooked some Zaleti (typical Verona biscuits) which were delicious.
Location-wise it's a 15 / 20 minutes' walk from the main attractions.
If you come by car, expect to park not too close to the B&B as it is located in an area with few parking places (but if you come by public transport no problems).
The breakfast room is on the ground floor and the hosts live on the 2nd floor so if you need something during breakfast and they're not around, you need to either shout or go up the stairs and call them, it felt slightly uncomfortable as you never know whether they are busy or not and if you are bothering them. I am not sure it always works like this though or only during our stay, not a "real" issue anyway.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Clean and comfortable accommodation. Very friendly and helpful hosts. Handy location to explore Verona. Purchase the Verona City Card and take advantage of free bus travel into the centre of Verona and back plus free entry into museums and attractions.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary B
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed in Verona for two nights and we really can recommend this guest house / B&B. The rooms are very lovely, the breakfast is excelent with homemade cakes and jam and the location is almost central. Out of our view the best choice for a short stay in Verona.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a brilliant stop over at B&B King in Verona. The accommodation was spotless and finished to a high standard. There are just two rooms on the middle floor of a town house which offer good privacy and a peaceful and relaxing escape from the hustle of the cities streets. The owners are both graphic designers and that is reflected in the stylish decor and homemade prints throughout the building.

There was a great spread for breakfast including lots of home made bread and cakes, nice coffee and juice. The shared bathroom (just shared between the two double rooms) was clean with a great shower.

The hosts were really welcoming and helpful, we were given a map and bikes to explore the city and were even tipped off with a brilliant place to go for dinner that was well off the tourist trail but was probably one of the best dining experiences we had in Italy.

There is a regional train station about 10 mins walk away or a bus stop just a few minutes walk away which we arrived at having taken the bus from the city's main station (Porta Nuova). All very straight-forward. By bike we were in the heart of the city within 10 minutes so I suppose maybe 20 minutes walking.

Verona itself is a wonderful city and perfectly sized for exploration by peddle.

Room Tip: We stayed in the rear bedroom which was a bit quieter I think and has great french windows and a lit...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple