“Small, friendly, great food & wine ”

Osteria Trattoria Al Duomo
Ranked #93 of 1,443 Restaurants in Verona
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fantastic Restaurant, Great Staff, Great Food And Well Priced, Great Location Near Cathedral
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

This place is a lovely find. It's small, no fancy table cloths, just good honest food at its best. My wife had Donkey meat pasta (a kind of thicker, homemade Spaghetti) and I had the same pasta but with Black olive pesto. Both dishes were superb. They cooked my wife's pasta a fraction longer as per our request. The results were spot on. The Valpolichella wine accompanied it a treat. Although Duomo is my kind of restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a reviewReviews (808)

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

So I am not some sort of a person that hasn't tasted proper italian food. This one so far scored the worst italian restaurant. I ordered tagliatelle verdure and it was horrible. It was filled in Oil. cooked very bad and it wasn't the only bad pasta from them. The pasta on other people's table looked equally horrible. We paid 24 euro for 2 dishes of awful pasta and water. Total waste of money.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

This place was one of several recommended by the host of our accommodation so we tried it without a reservation. Italians were eating there, which was encouraging. Service was friendly and efficient. Our wines were absolutely delicious - the rose and Lugano, a white. We had tagliatelle with duck, and bigoli (homemade pasta) with olives, capers and pesto. Both were bursting with flavour and beautifully presented. Prices very reasonable. A delightful evening and we will certainly return.

Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

After reading some reviews I deliberately asked for English and Italian menus. The owner had clearly read the previous reviews (that they were different) and offered me both. I chose to try the local Amerone (red wine) in my last night and asked host Flavia to pair dinner to my wine. I had a wonderful beef and radicchio dish with polenta. Great food, happy atmosphere as locals were sharing stories and laughing. Can’t fault the place and Flavia was wonderful

Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

We went to this restaurant tonight, given the positive reviews we had seen online and it was recommended by Fodor’s. the restaurant appeared to be full of locals which is great as that is what we wanted. The waiter was friendly on arrival and offered us an English menu. The table next to us had the Italian menu and were holding it up to read, which allowed me to see their menu. The prices on our menu listed the pastas (such as the spaghetti with donkey meat) as 19€ while the same items on the their menu were 10€. Our menu was handwritten and it looked like the 10 was changed to a 19 on both of our menus. On top of that, the service was poor as the waiter ignored our table and served 2 other tables that came after us without even approaching our table again. We thus decided to leave and not support this type of business.

2  Thank 11beachbum