“Romantic”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Small and intimate restaurant. Don't be put off by the location or the upstairs area as the space downstairs, both inside and outside (private courtyard garden) is very nice/romantic. The food was lovely and above average but I wouldn't say outstanding, although the value was! 3 course dinner, drinks and coffee all for 80 Euros. The waiting staff were exceptionally helpful and so everything considered I would eat here again and I would highly recommend it to others. Because the restaurant is small you will need to book - even out of season.

1  Thank Matilda031
There are newer reviews for La Cantina del 15

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had sepia ink tortellini, beef steak and slow cooked lamb.
Excellent quality food, amazing cooking, very nice service. A must
visit when in Verona.

1  Thank gregor_samsaa
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was our first night in Veraona and we had, fortunately, booked this based on the great TripAdvisor reviews. It is fully worthy of its #1 ranking. It is, quite simply, the best meal I have had for a long time. Don't be put off by the restaurant's very small appearance, it is big on quality! The chef could not have done more - as we were a party of six he suggested 3 portions each of two antipasta dishes, one petit piatta dish and one second piatta dish, each course plated to serve 6. Inspired choice. Have the signature slow cooked beef - it is wonderful. Make sure you book early!

3  Thank danefieldstables
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We booked La Cantina Del 15 because it was close to our hotel and a top restaurant. The hotel is easy to find and is very close to the castle. At night, there is a really romantic feel.

We really enjoyed the ambience of the hotel, especially with the mood lighting and sophisticated feel of the room. This seems to be a place that locals frequent with their families as the language most spoken in the room was Italian.

The food was delicious. For entree, I ordered the black squid ink pasta with crab filling and my husband ordered the pumpkin filled pasta. Both dishes were fantastic but the pumpkin filled pasta was the best - as other trip advisor reviews suggested (thank you!). For the main, I had the tuna which tasted very fresh, but the winner was the slow cooked beef cheek and polenta dish. All desserts were fantastic but the creme brûlée stood out for me.

The meal was also reasonable for such a nice restaurant. We paid about €35pp which includes entree, main, dessert and wine. Bear in mind that wine was only £10 a litre which is a steal!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I am a huge fan of good food, great wine and quality service and this wonderful little gem has all three plus more. This by far was my favourite dining experience in Verona. I went here with a friend after reading the reviews on TA and was not disappointed. There is as you will read in many of the other posts, a lovely outside sitting area which creates a great atmosphere. The food was amazing! I am a vegetarian and although it is not hard to get good quality vegetarian in Italy it is really nice to see such a selection of good quality vegetarian available on a menu. We also ordered the house wine which was recommended by our waiter and although wary at first about this selection it did not fail to impress, so we ordered another. When you go here, and going here is a must when you are in Verona, you must check out the bathroom!

2  Thank Zeedunn