“Che bel soggiorno!”

Ranked #9 of 421 Verona B&B and Inns
Verona, Italy
“Che bel soggiorno!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I came to Ai Giardini after a period in Italy as an au pair, I wanted to see a little bit more of the city and have a bit of time to myself! I stayed in the New York room, I arrived at midday, left my bags and went out for a giro round the city centre.
The bed and breakfast is unassuming from the outside, it is well and truly just an apartment - don't let that put you off though, it is a clean, spacious and very well decorated establishment. Almost because of the nature of the B&B, your stay has the opportunity to be a little more personal than a big hotel.
Each room (New York, Paris and London) has smart furniture: a large wardrobe, bed side tables and even a small desk with drinks materials and a kettle. Each has it's respective colour scheme and are all ensuite, the shower was great and there was even a hair dryer.
Gianluca was waiting at the door when I arrived, he is a gracious and chatty host - he gave me the opportunity to practice my Italian over breakfast the next day which was great fun.
The rooms and B&B are accessed by an electronic keycard which also works the lights in the room, and there is a key with which you get into the building from the street. There is also a door lock so there were no worries about security for me, and I was more than happy to leave my luggage there in the day time.
The 10 minute walk into the city centre (specifically to Piazza Bra' and the Arena) is more or less straight down one road, there were no problems finding my way back in the evening. I would wholeheartedly recommend Ai Giardini for both its geographic practicality and hospitality.

Room Tip: All rooms are in close proximity so there's not much difference in noise levels from outside, al...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This B&B was delightful. Gianluca met us at the door. The B&B was spotless, the bed was really comfortable and the breakfast was outstanding with fruit, cheeses, salami, fresh-baked croissants and Gianluca's special cappuccino. The location was great - old town was in walking distance as was the arena, where we saw an opera. It's in a nice area on a park and safe to walk at night. His restaurant recommendations were wonderful - I don't remember the name, but ask him where you can get the best pizza. He was very hospitable, and we had some great conversations over breakfast - his English is great. We'd defintely go back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great - depends which city is your favorite - we stayed in the Paris room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank travels234
Bristol, UK
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My friend and I had one night in Verona to see the opera and we wanted a B&B that was within walking distance to the arena and had en-suite bathrooms. What we got completely exceeded our expectations.

On arrival Gianluca, our host, met us and helped us with our luggage. This was the first of many helpful actions that Gianluca provided. He is a wonderfully friendly man, who is witty, good humoured and full of knowledge about Verona and Lake Garda. He gave us a map and showed us the best sights of Verona as well as good restaurants. His English is amazing!!!

The B&B is in his flat/apartment, and there are three rooms towards the back of the flat along a corridor, an open plan kitchen/diner where you have breakfast, and Gianluca's room is at the front of the flat. The building is very secure and the area is residential and quiet, so you get a good night's sleep. My friend and I walked back from the opera at 1:30am and felt quite safe although we avoided going through the square and went around it instead.

The three rooms are themed to the major cities: London, New York and Paris. My friend had the New York room and I had the Paris room, as I have never been to Paris! The rooms are absolutely lovely and unique and quirky - it's a great idea for a theme. The room is big with a huge comfy double bed, there's a switch next to the bed where you can control the outside shutters, so it was lovely in the morning to lie in bed and open the shutters and watch the sun peep in. There's also a wardrobe with a full length mirror - hoorah! and a desk; a kettle with tea and coffee making facilities, air-con; en-suite bathroom with hairdryer; toiletries; clean fluffy towels and a great shower with hot water and good pressure.

Breakfast in the kitchen was great. Gianluca is on hand to get you whatever you want and he is not intrusive at all, but delightful to have a chat with, he was telling us about his love of Christmas and his visits to Lapland! For breakfast we had croissants, toast, a selection of jams, marmalades and spreads; cheese, meat, juice, tea and coffee. He also offered to do eggs.

We were leaving after breakfast to go to Garda, and Gianluca even helped us with places to visit there and organised a taxi to take us to the train station. He really couldn't do enough to make our stay amazing, and we were really sorry that we couldn't stay longer.

I would absolutely recommend Ai Giardini to everyone and anyone and would definitely go back. Thanks so much Gianluca and look out for my Christmas card!

Room Tip: all rooms are great, but where do you want to be? London, Paris or New York?
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Basics100
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed for three nights, comfortable bed, lovely room, great shower. Nice selection for breakfast. Gianluca is a wonderful host, very welcoming and helpful. Would stay again. When we went to the opera we walked to and from the arena, it was a lovely 10-15 min stroll. Bus from the train station stops outside, only €1.50 each.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 'London Room' which was perfect but I'm sure the three rooms are as nic...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Roisin M
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Gianluca provided fantastic service and offered some excllent suggestions for sightseeing and restaurants! the rooms are very clean, and confortable. It is within easy walking distance to the old city! This B&B is highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here in May 2013 and really enjoyed my stay. It is a small b&b with only 3 rooms, but that makes it feel homely, and it is nice and quiet too. I stayed in the New York room, which was lovely and modern, the room and en suite were spotlessly clean. There was even a hairdryer in the bathroom too. The breakfast was lovely, I even got some very tasty homemade bread one morning!

Gianluca was always ready to offer advice on where to go, where to eat etc, and provided a map of the city which was invaluable! As I had an evening flight, I was able to leave my bag after I had checked out and collect it later on, which was much appreciated as it meant I had more time to explore Verona.

On arrival in Verona, I walked to the B&B from the train station (with a map printed from Google!) but please do be aware that it is quite a long walk especially with a suitcase - It would be easy enough to get a taxi from the station instead. However, I didn't mind the distance, and I did the same walk back to the station on my departure, so it is manageable for tjose who don't mind the walk. The B&B is well located for the centre of Verona though, only a 10 minute walk or so away, and it is in a quiet residential neighbourhood.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at Ai Giardini, it was great value for the price, and would certainly stay here again if I visit Verona again in the future.

Room Tip: There are 3 rooms to choose from, themed by city - Paris, New York and London - choose your favourit...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely few days here. He gave us some tips of things to do. We had a lovely day at Lake Garda. The room was lovely. We had the Paris room. Location great for the old town. Easy to get to from the train station. Breakfast was plentiful and the coffee was delicious. A great stay

• Stayed August 2013