“Lovely place to stay in Verona”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ai Giardini B&B

Ai Giardini B&B
Ranked #9 of 418 Verona B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely place to stay in Verona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here in May 2013 and really enjoyed my stay. It is a small b&b with only 3 rooms, but that makes it feel homely, and it is nice and quiet too. I stayed in the New York room, which was lovely and modern, the room and en suite were spotlessly clean. There was even a hairdryer in the bathroom too. The breakfast was lovely, I even got some very tasty homemade bread one morning!

Gianluca was always ready to offer advice on where to go, where to eat etc, and provided a map of the city which was invaluable! As I had an evening flight, I was able to leave my bag after I had checked out and collect it later on, which was much appreciated as it meant I had more time to explore Verona.

On arrival in Verona, I walked to the B&B from the train station (with a map printed from Google!) but please do be aware that it is quite a long walk especially with a suitcase - It would be easy enough to get a taxi from the station instead. However, I didn't mind the distance, and I did the same walk back to the station on my departure, so it is manageable for tjose who don't mind the walk. The B&B is well located for the centre of Verona though, only a 10 minute walk or so away, and it is in a quiet residential neighbourhood.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at Ai Giardini, it was great value for the price, and would certainly stay here again if I visit Verona again in the future.

Room Tip: There are 3 rooms to choose from, themed by city - Paris, New York and London - choose your favourit...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely few days here. He gave us some tips of things to do. We had a lovely day at Lake Garda. The room was lovely. We had the Paris room. Location great for the old town. Easy to get to from the train station. Breakfast was plentiful and the coffee was delicious. A great stay

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Tracey p
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have been traveling for over 6 months and stayed at many hotels, hostels and B&B and this one was the best so far! We checked in late (about 23:00 on a Friday) and they were kind enough to give a thorough guide on what we could still do that night and what to do the next day. The room was super clean with new facilities and the breakfast was delicious. The owner also dined with us at breakfast along with other people staying in the other rooms which made it feel homey and welcoming. The B&B is also a short walk across the bridge to the city centre which is convenient for Verona as the buses stop running in the evening. Will not hesitate to stay here again upon returning to Verona.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Clean, affordable, warm B&B in great Verona location. We spent 3 nights here in June and loved it. Gianluca was an incredible host - he warmly greeted us when we arrived, asking if we'd like anything to drink and then gave us the choice of 3 impeccably clean and decorated rooms. He then gave us a map and pointed out all his favorite places to eat (a couple of which I'd already found as top rated places on Tripadvisor), recommended a good wine tour company (the reason we came to verona) and helped us figure out the bus schedule to a nearby - even going so far as to print it off for us to take with us. There are busses about every 2 minutes that connect his place with the train station, so very convenient if you have luggage like we did, and the walk from the B&B into the main downtown area only takes about 10 or 15 minutes, and you pass a lot of great non-touristy bars and grocery stores on the way. The breakfasts were really nice - always fresh fruit, breads, jams, and as many espresso drinks as you can handle. We really enjoyed sitting around the table with the rest of the "international family" that was staying there, and Gianluca really makes you feel like you're acquanited with the local culture and that you have a friend in Verona. We will definitely stay here again if we come back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank alligoldenator
Munich, Bayern, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great cosy bed and breakfast in Verona.Jan Luca was a very helpful and welcoming host and gave as lots of useful tips (where to park the car for free, where to go for dinner). And he helped us finding a place to stay for our next stop at lake Garda

I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Julia K
Bloomington, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our stay at Ai Giardini B&B was really lovely. We stayed only 2 nights and we were very sad to leave. All the reviews are absolutely accurate, the room was very big and spotless, very high standard. The breakfast was also really good, lots to choose from, fresh fruit salad, hot croissant and lots more every day. Gianluca is lovely and helped us a lot with very good suggestions on where to go, transports and where to eat.
In future I will definitely go back and would recommend this place to my friends and family.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

It's such a lovely hostel and it give me a surprise.
My friend and i, we spent two wonderful days there.
We choose the Paris room, it's blue, and we thought these topic rooms look so romantic. If who want to spend the honey moon there, don't miss London room. All the details are cute.
The boss is a very nice man, too. He gave us much useful information and advice.
Anyway, it was such a warm and happy experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends