$213
  • Room Service
$321
$289
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $361/night.

$203
$279
$135
Priceline
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

$389
$305
Official Hotel Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspiazza erbed orounique boutique hotelred velvetroom hotelsitting roomi highly recommend this hotelperfect locationcharming citywonderful hotelclose to the hotelhotel staffsmall balconyold towntwo night stayitalian hotelssmall hotel
Reviewed May 20, 2007

We stayed at the Gabbia D'Oro in early May. The hotel itself is perfectly located and the rooms are quiet - despite the constant bustling nightlife on the Piazza. The staff led us to several excellent restaurants and the two parrots in the solarium are adorable.

Although the lobby, downstairs area and breakfast room are very pretty and well appointed, we found the rooms to be a bit claustrophobic and dark. We had a "suite," which was two small rooms and a clean bathroom. There were some charming touches and beautiful pieces of art in the room. Although there was a decent sitting area, there was no light through the windows. Our bedroom was dreary - no color, just a bed with lumpy pillows and scratchy linens, and a plain armoire. Although each sitting room had charm and character (we travelled with my husband's parents, so we got to see two rooms), our carpets were shabby and there was a broken, very unattractive wooden shelf in the bathroom. The bathroom did possess a very nice array of complimentary toothbrushes, shampoos, soap, sewing kits, etc.

Given the very high price/star rating and good overall condition of the lobby/hallways, the shabbiness of some room details were surprising. The location, staff and public areas are truly the reason to stay in this hotel. I happened to peek into a non-suite (regular) room which was being cleaned and noticed how tiny it was. If location is the thing, I recommend staying at the Gabbia D'oro and saving up for a junior suite at least.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy C
Reviewed January 18, 2007

We spent 4 nights in January 07. Location on the Piazza del Erbe, right in the middle of most of the sightseeing. Staff is very helpful, charming bar area and the feel of a European hotel. Will give a high recommendation and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank DottoreTomasso
Reviewed January 12, 2007

As our stay was several years ago, my review may be out of date. However, current comments indicate it is not.

We so fell in love with Verona and the hotel that we abandoned our plans to go on to Venice.

Our room was small but exquisite -- every detail was in order. The breakfast was one of the best we have ever had in Europe (and we travel there four to five times a year).

And the staff was outstanding.

My husband and I just returned from a trip to Venice. And we know we made the right choice -- earlier we gave Verona the time it deserved (along with Padua); this time we concentrated on Venice.

Giving each city its due was the right strategy. And I doubt we would have done this if we had not felt so comfortable at Gabbia d'Oro.

• Stayed: March 2003, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2006

This is a lovely hotel. Great Location, lovely rooms and very quiet, despite being on a busy street. The breakfast was a buffet with everything you need. There are comfotable lounges to have coffee and drinks. There's also a whirl pool, which, unfortunately, I did not see. It was our anniversary and we were delighted to recieve a couple of glasses of champagne and canapes when we arrived.

We are not particularly flashy poeple- but we do like to splash out occasionally, and have been lucky enough to stay in some of the best hotels in the world. I know how much a true 5* hotel should cost.

I loved the look and feel of this 'Boutique' hotel, this was why we booked it, but I don't feel it warrants such an expensive price-tag. We paid 555 euros per night, not including parking which was 28euros per day, or breakfast which was 23 euros per person. For this price I would expect more in the way of facilities, maybe a Spa and Pool, inclusive breakfast/parking or some out-door bar or restaurant. We wanted some personal touches - something to make us feel special, not just like any other guest. Believe me, we are not 'high maintainance', but for 600 euros, you want more than just a room, you want an experience.

The reception staff were friendly, but the concierge/porter/ barman was not exactly enthusiastic. He lacked charm and personality. I'm only after a smile and maybe a "did you enjoy your evening?" I don't like to be harsh, but this hotel is relatively expensive, and his level of service stood out in contrast to that of his colleagues.

If our room had included breakfast and was only 350 euros a night, I believe I would have nothing to complain about. If you can get a good deal then I think you would enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank LEllis
Reviewed June 8, 2006

This hotel was magnificent!! My husband and I are HUGE travelers!!! This hotel really holds a special place in our hearts! It is a warm inviting hotel the staff was so wonderful with all the suggestions of where to eat and what to see. The rooms are a good size and you feel very secure in this hotel. We ate at an amazing place for lunch they suggested called Antica Bottega Del Vino. If you want to have an incredible lunch that will send you straight to the stars GO THERE! The breakfast at the hotel was a great touch. They have plenty of space where you can sit and hang out and read a book or have a wine on the sofa. The only draw back is that our room had a bath and not a shower. Other than that it was the perfect place in a perfect town! Enjoy!!!

• Stayed: May 2006