“Hotel Milano enjoyable stay”
Review of Hotel Milano & Spa

Hotel Milano & Spa
Ranked #8 of 77 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel is in a great location a few metres from the Arena. The hotel staff are friendly and the service and breakfast are good. The room we had was clean and although very small was adequate for our needs as we spent most of our time visiting Verona's attractions.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Fantastic gem of a hotel. Super clean, gorgeous decor, extremely friendly staff, endless cappuccinos for breakfast, central location, quiet ... Seriously, recommend this place.

Located on a narrow, quiet street less than a minute walk to the Arena and Piazza Bra. Everything in walking distance. About 20 min walk to the railway station. But buses go there too from the arena. Took train to Venice for the day, which was 1 hr away. So glad to have stayed outside of Venice, taking the train in looked to be much easier option. Close to loads of bars, shops, restaurants, gelateries and sights.

Room was lovely. It wasn't huge by any standard, but it was super clean and had a fab shower. Decor was gorgeous. No sign of the usual wear and tear in other hotels I've stayed in. The hotel is exceptionally well maintained throughout.

Breakfast was included and was ample. Eggs, breads, hams, cheeses, cereal, fruit, yogurts etc. there was also a free flowing supply of espresso, cappuccinos, latte which were made to order.

I used the bar once, and the prices were comparable to the bars outside.

Overall, would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Superb in every way.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We loved this hotel! It was very centrally located, about an €8 cab ride from the train station. We stayed in the most basic room, which was small but very nice. The bed was comfortable, which is hard to find in Italy! The bathroom was small, but also very nice and clean. Breakfast was wonderful! We were amazed at the amazing spread and fabulous cappuccinos. Finally, the staff went above and beyond! They gave us a lot of great advice for restaurants, called us cabs, and stored our luggage after check out. I'd stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I used to work as a building manager, encoding keycards for rooms, and making accomodations for newly coming customers, to have fresh linens and things of this nature. I always observe the business of building management, by habit really, more than seeking out to credit or discredit the service I recieve. When I walked into here, the staff, in my mind was exceptionally off the chart, they were flawless. I found it completely unexpected that this service in an alley way, which I liked too, for evening walks with my wife, that this place would delight me the most, out of all the 10 plus cities in Italy I visited on this trip. The location was close to our most sought out site which was Juliet's Balcony. The thing that will always stand out the most was that the the bartender, no matter how busy, would always make these mochas' with chocolate musical notes strown onto the top, we'll never forget that. They made it all look so easy, as if my wife and I were the only ones waiting. I don't know if I'll ever see a service like this, how the staff were all an exceptional team oriented group. I wonder how the management created such a place where people had such high standards, and looked so happy to be there. It was probably one of the rarest things I will ever see in my life.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2013

a three star hotel with all you need, a kind service, good rooms, but what matters is the location. You can walk to the Arena (the Roman amphitheatre) in 30 seconds, and to the Piazza delle Erbe and Giulietta's house in 5 minutes. A great place to be!

Room Tip: a room on the street gives you a lovely view - the house opposite is so near that you can nearly tou...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel Milano was a great small hotel in Verona. It was close to Juliet's Balcony and other major attractions. The rooms were small, but modern and updated. The bathrooms were EXTREMELY tight, but not bad for the short stay. We were there for less than 18 hours and had a chance to sleep and have breakfast, which was nice. The only problem was that the wifi did not work and they didn't bother to help fix it. Many guests were extremely upset and asked them to find another hotel's wifi to use, which probably would have been a good idea, I was able to survive without internet :)

Room Tip: Bathrooms are very tight!
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here on our last night of 10 travelling around Italy. The location was as good as it can get for Verona, Perfect right in the heart of the centre. The staff in all areas of the hotel were really helpful and freindly whilst still being very professional, in fact they are a credit to this hotel.
Other comments of the decor being modern etc are true as is the size of the rooms. We had 2 large cases and 2 travel cases with us and we found it pretty cramped. However for us it was only 1 night. Breakfast was good for a 3 star hotel with a good selection of choices.
The Hotel is right on the edge of the Piazza Bra and we could see the Verona Arena from our bedroom window. There is large selection of restuarants in the area offering many differing menu's which are worth browsing. Please don't get caught like we did with the restaurant a couple of doors down to the left of the main entrance to the hotel. Its name is Ristorante Tre Marchetti, we were totally ripped off to the tune of 10 euros just for bread. The food was awful and the bill extautionate. Can't complain though in 10 days it was the only one.