“Clean, Good Value for Area”
Review of Hotel Europa

Hotel Europa
Ranked #43 of 77 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Yes, the rooms are small but the hotel is modern and nicely appointed. The double room was tiny but there was a built in desk that allowed our 2 large bags to be off the floor and there was a nice closet and safe and mini bar in the room. It was very hot and humid outside but our air conditioner worked perfectly. The buffet breakfast was standard with good quality. Front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. At just about $150 US, it was a good value for the area.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John H
There are newer reviews for Hotel Europa

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Rooms were not great. No air conditioning in rooms. Breakfast was good. We felt that it is a bit overpriced. We asked for a queen bed ( for a couple) turned out we had two single beds on wheels. Not fun. They did have parking at a cost of 18 euros per night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2013

the hotel is just a bed in aroom nothing else you can find,no resturant,no even tee or coffee,the staff in reception is really the worst i have ever met in my life completly rude,he asked me to give him the key when i go out i told him that my personal belongings are everywhere when i come back u can clean the room,but when i cam eback i found that they already entered my room.second day the stupod lade open the room while i am sleepinbg and started to clean the room i shouted at here are you crazy,u have to go out immediately,i do not know she said and then went out.
the breakfast is really veryyyyy poor.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2013

i stay at this hotel every year for quite a long time now, staff there is helpful and friendly, the rooms are very clean and modern style, its a bit small thats it, breakfast is OK nothing fancy, the location of the hotel is what makes it very unique, its in the heart of verona beside the arena. its a 10 min drive to the Verona Fiere in no rush hours.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tazzz85
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I thought this place was okay. Kind of expensive (120 a night for two in early November) but convenient location. We asked for a room in the front with a little balcony window - big mistake! It was noisy until 1:00 in the morning. This was on a Friday night. Not sure how the rooms in the back would have been. Breakfast was good and in a pretty room. The desk help wasn't overly friendly but not rude either. Overall, I thought this was just an average place in just about everything. If you like convenience and don't care about character, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back if you want to get to sleep early.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was the only hotel in our trip that (rudely) insisted we give our hotel key back when we stepped out of the hotel. When we returned, we deliberately gave the different front desk clerk an incorrect name and room number and they still have us our key!!

They also attempted to keep our passports for our entire stay! As others have said in reviews here, the staff are beyond rude. Everything from a second cup of coffee at breakfast to restaurant recommendations were too much effort.

The hotel is in a good location, but the room was old and had a metal shutter window that looked straight into a wall. I'd look elsewhere

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JR_Aus
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights, and it was my first solo trip so the location was important to me as I wanted to be central and close enough to The Arena to walk around at night by myself. This hotel ticked all the boxes. It was clean and comfortable, and offered a good breakfast. Less than 5 minutes walk to The Arena and local attractions, in an area with a very nice ambiance - lots of eating places, cafes and bars and the all-important geletarias! Also within a 5 minute walk is the castle - do not miss this wonderful place - the bridge beside it is well worth strolling across with all the promenading Veronese.

I had some deliciousl meals during my stay - I avoided the restaurants on the big piazzas, opting for smaller places away from the places full of tourists and was spoilt for choice.

The hotel was good and I am happy to recommend it and I would definitely stay there again. Verona is a truly beautiful city - wear comfortable shoes and walk as much and as far as you can to see as much as possible. I was lucky enough to go to a concert at The Arena and that was an experience I shall never forget - sitting in a Roman arena, listening to one of my favourite performers under a starry sky - amazing! I am already longing to go back again ......

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo