“Great Stay, good location”
Review of Hotel Mastino

Hotel Mastino
Ranked #36 of 77 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed August 29, 2014

We rented an apartment from Hotel Mastino, and it was really good fantastic location down by th river and 5 mins stroll to the town and 8 minutes to Piazza Bra the main square.
Apartment was clean had a fantastic little kitchen a/c and cleaned everyday, was the best option you could have stand alone apartment but hotel service, great

Room Tip: Apartment Adge was the one we had was great overlooking the river
1  Thank Owenski37

Reviewed August 25, 2014

My husband and I recently enjoyed a 4 day break in Verona, and we had originally booked into a B&B which turned out to be a smelly, hot and noisy hovel (that's another story) so after trying and failing to get our money back from the B&B we searched for somewhere suitable - after losing out we didn't want to spend too much money so we were glad to find this reasonably priced hotel in a fab location!

After our recent bad experience we asked if we could see our room before parting with any money. We were shown to room 9 and told that we had received a free upgrade (this meant we had a big Queen sized bed and more space) The room was spacious, had air con, a shower room with toiletries and lots of fluffy white towels provided, free wifi, good sized wardrobes, a mini bar with plenty of reasonably priced soft drinks and some beer. There was no view through the window, but we didn't spend enough time in our room for this to matter.

Our room was next to the breakfast area, so we were woken in the morning by sounds of plates. If you're intending on getting up late then it's probably best to avoid this room, we didn't really mind though.. it was a bit like a gradual alarm clock.

There is a spa in this hotel, we didn't use it so we can't really comment on the quality.

There is no restaurant and only a small bar. Again, this makes no difference as there are more than enough good quality restaurants and Osterias in Verona!

Breakfast was not great, but not bad either. If you have a sweet tooth you'll love all the cakes and sweet loaves available. There's also the usual ham, cheese, bread etc and lots of lovely fresh fruit. The coffee wasn't very good, but a perfect excuse to stop for morning coffee in the piazza :)

If you're looking for somewhere that offers good quality, clean accommodation in Verona then I would definitely recommend Hotel Mastino. This hotel was perfect for us as we could relax in our comfortable room in between rushing around sightseeing. This hotel is not special or luxurious but it's definitely good.

1  Thank Jolene B
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Giving this one 5 stars because of the location, price and comfort. There are some really really expensive hotels in Verona and this one is priced quite reasonably. It's literally a stone's throw from the Arena so it's perfectly placed to walk anywhere in Verona including the train station (10 minute walk). The room was good, clean and well equipped.

It's worth noting that there are a few negatives. There's no restaurant and only a tiny bar. It's next door to a McDonalds (it looks more like a cafe than your usual McDonalds though). The breakfast was average, iffy coffee, cheap juice, poor quality ingredients that kind of thing but I've had plenty worse.

It's a nice clean hotel that's perfectly placed to explore Verona and the surrounding area. Make sure you check out the wine bar around the corner!

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Had stayed with family one night only while driving to North using A22. Very convenient location at old city gate of beautiful Verona, nice and interesting interior, parking is a bit far. Staff is friendly and professional.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Mastino is a very good hotel! I didnt like the fact that my room was in another building, I already knew it though. The bad point about the room is that It wasn't very clean, but the in-room kitchen gave us the possibility to buy stuff in the market and have dinner inside the room. Very friendly staff and the best point to mention is that I forgot my Michael Kors watch and when I realized it, I sent an E-mail to the hotel and Frederica was so prestative to me! They sent me the watch to the hotel I was going to stay in Rome and I could have it back to me. Verona is so lovely and I definetely plan to visit the city again! Thanks to The reception staff that gave me a map and showed me all the main sightseeings in town. I do recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This was a nice hotel with good service in the center of Verona. They gave us very good tips about resturants. but the room had awful view, since our room was against a mcdonalds backyard/roof. But it didnt really matter to us since we were staying for one night.
Breakfast was very nice, alot to choose from.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Good location, near Piazza Bra. Nearest parking (private or public). Old hotel but well maintained facilities (mainly the bathroom !). Good breakfast ! Nearest main attractions: Arena, Giuletta tomb and house, Piazza delle Erbe, etc.. Very good hotel !

Room Tip: Internal rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family