“Fantastic”
Review of Hotel Verona

Hotel Verona
Ranked #11 of 77 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed August 2, 2010

A three night stay at the Hotel Verona was delightful. The three double rooms were all spacious, clean,comfortable and quiet. The staff are friendly, the location perfect for the station, Opera, cultural and shopping centre. We thought the breakfast one of the best we have ever had and will return next time we visit Verona.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed July 9, 2010

Hotel is just outside the historic centre, 10 mins walk to the arena. Exceptionally helpful and pleasant reception and catering staff. Rooms are modern ,stylish and impeccably clean. Hotel has bicycles for guests to borrow--strongly recommend these for exploring the town. Free wifi, excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alanhLondon
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Previous reviews referred to the friendly and helpful staff at the Hotel Verona and we would certainly concurr with these.. We required help due to having lost important documents including passports during our journey to Verona. The reception staff allowed us to use the reception phone and also made a number of calls on our behalf. They were very reassuring and in the end if all turned out OK.
The hotel is in an excellent location: just five minutes from the arena. There are also convenient bus stops outside which can take you door to door to Lake Garda - we took the number 26 to Simieone.

Reviewed June 24, 2010

Hotel ideally located for a stay in Verona, only a 5 min walk to the Arena. Free wi-fi, breakfast included in price and garage parking available for 15 euro a day. Hotel is very well presented.
However, there was a mix up with our reservation and instead of telling us about it we were given a cheaper room. When I questioned it, one receptionist fobbed me off with some poor excuse. When I later asked about the mix up, a second receptionist admitted there had been a problem with the resevation and she dealt very well with sorting it out, getting the required room for the following night. Moral: if, as a hotel, you are wrong, admit it with a pleasant manner and all will be fine.
The original room we were given on the fifth floor was fine, but the downside was that we were disturbed by road noise most of the night, the mattress was hard and sat on a hard slatted timber base and the pillows thin and lumpy, so not a restful nights sleep. Replacement room was excellent - quieter room, softer matress etc, etc...
I suppose what I am trying to say is that it can be a good hotel to stay in if you can get one of the rooms not on the front and with a 'sprung' base to the bed.

Reviewed June 22, 2010

I stayed only 1 night here, but if I returned to Verona I would stay at this hotel, and I would happily recommend it to friends...but first I would explain to them about the strange entrance! You can find the hotel easily enough, but then you cannot find the front door amongst the windows. PLEASE put a sign showing which of the windows is the door!!!

* The location is excellent for train, bus transport and for sightseeing.
* Reception staff were helpful and pleasant, very knowledgeable about their city and good with giving directions to anywhere you want, plus giving you a city sightseeing map. After checking out we were able to leave our bags there for the day until we left Verona that evening.
* Room was good and clean, with 2 small balconies which allowed plenty of light into the room. BUT the bed was not very comfortable and the pillows were like lead blocks!
* Bathroom very clean, plenty of towels.
* Breakfast (included in price) was a very pleasant surprise, offering more than just the expected roll & coffee...there was cereal, yoghurts, fruit salad, cold meat and cheeses, pastries, juices. Breakfast Staff always cleaning and replenishing on the buffet in the breakfast room.

Good value for a city centre hotel.

Reviewed June 14, 2010

We were travelling with a 2.5 yr old and 6 month baby and the place was perfect for this. One of the very few options offering a 4 person room at a very reasonable price for families. Free Internet access (1 computer @ lobby) and parking very accesible right in front of the hotel (public parking, very low daily fee). Breakfast included in our rate and the food was pretty good. Location is great, pretty clean hotel but the best of all: the staff, which is very helpful and always willing to assist you if you have a problem. They immediately helped us on every single request we had very kindly. I cannot find a reason why not staying here if we ever go to Verona again. We are experienced travelleres (spanish and german) and found our stay here very satisfactory. I strongly recommend this hotel and congratulatons for the nice personnel running it. Definetely a very good staying choice.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I only stayed here one night, but would absolutely return if I revisited Verona. The room was very small but lovely, with a great view of the city. The staff was helpful 24 hours a day, and the breakfast was the best I had at any hotel. The free internet access was also the best I had in Italy - helpful, since I was trying to do online class work while I traveled.

A tip: the front door only looks like a window - it opens automatically when you walk up to it. Just in case my fellow travelers are as confused as I was after a long train ride!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo