“Good for a weekend getaway.”
Review of Hotel Siena

Hotel Siena
Ranked #28 of 78 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel is located on a fairly quiet street, which is good for a peaceful sleep. You can get into Verona's main plaza, Piazza Bra in about ten minutes. This hotel is ideal for visiting the amphitheatre for the Opera season, museums and churches. The room itself was comfortable, however the beds were hard. We ordered a triple room and it was hard for three people to share. I recommend it for those who are staying the weekend. Most of the staff were helpful and friendly, some didn't have a good grasp of English to help with my parents complex questions.

Breakfast was reasonable if the choice was slightly limited. I would come back again if I was wanting to catch next year's Opera season.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
hsiena, Proprietario at Hotel Siena, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

this review was written few times ago.
If you wish up-to-date informations about our hotel, I kindly invite you to read all the new reviews and to visit our official website & FB page.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Enjoyed our stay in Hotel Siena....very clean and well run, located mid-way between city centre and the station, about a slow 10 min' walk either way.
The hotel has been recently renovated/extended a fact that is not reflected on their website!?
It is a hotel of two halves, one half being brand new, including the reception area....we stayed in one of the 'older' rooms described as 'classic' by the hotel. Most of the classic rooms have a small balcony overlooking the garden/terrace, however there is no privacy from your neighbours, a few well placed pots would help ( some of the balconies have a glass screen between them )...it wouldn't be difficult... I don't think many of the 'new' rooms have a balcony. We would describe our room as basic, but immaculately clean....could do with a little TLC!....they are obviously spending money on the hotel so I suspect renovation is on the cards.
Breakfast is a typically Italian affair...however you have to pay extra for cappuccino etc...but there is a decent choice of foodstuffs and the terrace is very pleasant and well tended.
A nice touch is the large cooler in reception holding wine, water, and soft drinks, at what we thought, were very reasonable prices.
We will definitely stay here again if/when we return to Verona.

Room Tip: Choose a 'classic' room with a balcony overlooking the garden/terrace
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
hsiena, Proprietario at Hotel Siena, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

this review was written few times ago.
If you wish update informations about our hotel, I kindly invite you to read all the new reviews and to visit our official website & FB page.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Siena for 3 nights earlier this month. It was located between the Stazione Porta Nuova and Piazza Bra. It was very comfortable and the staff was very friendly. The room was small like other European hotels and it was very clean. The breakfast room was large and airy with an outside terrace. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Located just on the edge of the busy heart of the old town - just 5 minutes walk into the centre and a similar distance from the train station, from which there are regular trains to Venice. Family room was fairly compact with two single beds side by side as a double plus two bunk beds. Air con worked well which meant we could sleep while overnight temperature was about 25. Very helpful and eager staff provided us with a car parking pass which probably saved us a small fortune. The breakfast patio area at the rear of the hotel is pleasant and avoids the canteen feel of larger hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
hsiena, Proprietario at Hotel Siena, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The room we stayed in was stylish and modern. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the location is great. A 5 minute walk to either the town centre or to the train station. The patio where you eat your breakfast is lovely and the breakfast is quite comprehensive. The only complaint I would have is that the juices are very watered down.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Siena for 2 nights on June 30 and July 1st. I can not say enough about this small, wonderful hotel. It is lovely! We couldn’t have been happier. The room was clean, the breakfast sufficient and the location perfect! It had ac, parking and breakfast was served in a a quaint garden area.
The front desk personnel were extremely accomodating-from providing maps, restaurant suggestions, printing info out and even getting me bandages!
It is a short walk to the train center and to the centerof Verona. It is not right in the middle of everything which we liked. You fellt partof a neighborhood. There were stores, restaurants and a pharmacy all in one block.

Thank you for a wonderful experience!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed in this hotel last minute after going to the horror of trying to save money thru Hostels.com. This Hotel is respectable, clean, professional and a great value!!
Walking distance to train station, and close to all tourist spots...I lovet it!!

Room Tip: Any room they give is good, these are professionally run by very honest people!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
hsiena, Proprietario at Hotel Siena, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014