San Marco Hotel
$124
$109
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Euromotel Croce Bianca(Verona)(Great Value!)
$60
$323
$292
  • Room Service
$122
$118
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel San Luca(Verona)(Great Value!)
$123
$222
$216
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel Des Arts(Verona)
$180
$166
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Leon D'Oro(Verona)(Great Value!)
$189
$95
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnice hotel to staybride and groomshydro bathnice wellnessreturn busadjacent roomsairport shuttlelake gardalocal busesswimming poolwithin easy reachbusiness tripminute walkweekend breakgreat cityrailway stationcentral verona
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed in this hotel recently in a group of 60 choral singers. It's a fairly nondescript alledgedly 4* hotel amidst boring suburbs of Verona. Those who walked into the centreof Verona in "15-20 minutes" must be very fast walkers - in 35 degree heat!
We had sung a concert near Lake Garda in 38 degree heat and got back to the hotel at about 11 pm desperate for a drink. The only member of the hotel staff on duty was the night porter. He had to issue everybody's keys, check in new arrivals, and twice was called away to repair lights in guests rooms! We were finally served with drinks after midnight! When I complained the next morning the receptionist blamed our tour manager for not warning the hotel that we would want a drink! The tour manger disputed this. I was then referred to the manger who was unapologetic and complacent. He said that we were very lucky to have got a drink at all as the bar usually closes at 11 pm. He could not be expected to staff the bar when nobody might want a drink! - in a 4* hotel! I got the impression that he had forgotten the primary purpose of a hotel, to serve guests, and was running it for his and his staff's convenience

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Sanmarcoverona, Proprietario at San Marco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

I was waiting for this review, for the simply reason you will find on the end (so I am sure you will read all the story...) I accepted this group for a ridicoulous price only to grant collaboration for a very good travel agency we work with, and in consideration with the fact, being a musician, I am always happy to have guests involved in the music. So, instead of a thank you for having a 4 star hotel in high season on the price of a 1 star, I had this. But never mind. There are rules (officialy stated from the local autorithy): a 4 star hotel must grant a bar service of 16 hours during the day. Starting 7 in the morning to 11 in the night, we are perfectly right. Of course if necessary we keep the bar open later, normally not during this period, as people go to the opera and do not stay in the hotel; keeping the service over 11 would be only a staff extra cost. Well organized groups take in consideration the fact they move all togheter and advise about their needs to help us and the group to get the best service. The next night, (even if they advise me only in the evening....) I organized the bar service late night for the group, and only to give an extra courtesy (not for the inconsistent claim) I left free of charge drinks during the dinner they had in hotel!! I can not really accept this comment and the final consideration that is offensive, as I am a professional both as hotel manager and musician. I spoke with the oraganizer of the performance on the famous hot night (I personally gave contacts to the agency for the concerts in Verona ) and there was ready a free drinks after the performance, but somebody told them the group was tired and wanted to go back to the hotel. And spring water is available in the minibar in all the rooms. As to say, if claming is a need, it is a need. Next time I wish you to find the right service for the price you pay, with the courtesy you deserve.
Maurizio Ghelli Santuliana, hotel manager, musician and luthier

Reviewed August 4, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I spent two night in this hotel. The hotel is not in the centre but with a short walk in around 15-20 minutes you are under the arena. The walk as well is nice as you pass throw San Zeno church and the castle. The Hotel room is spacious, the toilet nice and clean with good shower. The breakfast is with lot of offers, croissant, cold meat, scramble eggs, fruit salad, etc.. It is nice because during the summer time you can have breakfast around the swimming pool. I did not use the swimming pool but I think is nice to soak during the summer time before maybe in the afternoon go around Verona. During the opera season there is a free shuttle service to and from the arena. That it has been very usefull as the opera finish at 1:00 am. I did not use the spa, no really had time. The only bit negative the bed was bit to hard for my taste. But for the rest and price/quality I think is a nice hotel to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alexgourmant81
Sanmarcoverona, Proprietario at San Marco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Thank you, see you the next time!
Maurizio Ghelli Santuliana

Reviewed July 1, 2012

This was our first time in Verona, and we wanted a nice, quiet hotel from which we could explore the city. We had a hire car, but parked it in the underground garage the first day and just walked in to the centre each time. It's only 20 minutes, and that's at an easy pace.
The hotel itself is clean and modern. Our room was compact, but didn't feel it. The shower was unbelievable, pulse jets etc. The room was air-conditioned and the bed was comfortable.
The continental breakfast was varied and everything was fresh and tasty.
All the staff we met were consistently friendly and helpful.
We had a great few days in Verona, and the hotel stay was definitely a highlight. We would like to return to the city in the future, and will definitely want to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CyberByte
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Just returned after a weeks stay at the San Marco. We were a party of 12 visiting Verona for a wedding at Giulietta's House. We were made welcome from the minute we set foot in the hotel and the receptionist was very patient in sorting out what were quite complicated room arrangements. The rooms were lovely, both pools very clean and whilst we didn't use the spa or gym they looked fabulous.
The main reason that we would visit this hotel again is because of the staff, reception, housekeeping, bar and kitchen. Nothing was too much trouble, from replenishing food at breakfast, preparing a special buffet lunch, decorating the bride and grooms room on their wedding day and retrieving a three year old's ball from the flat roof after he threw in from the balcony!
We had a lovely time and will definitely stay again when we are next in Verona.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Hilary M
Sanmarcoverona, Proprietario at San Marco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2012

Nice family, celebrating a wedding in the city of Love, Verona. A place of the heart, not simply on the earth. Where the last part of the night could be too short to escape, as for the Shakespeare's lovers. Or better, to understand there is no other place to stay than the new family you are.
To be even the less important part in this, is a big satisfation, thank you.
Best Wishes