Accademia Hotel
$175
$122
  • Breakfast included
Residence Hotel Antico San Zeno(Verona)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Room Service
$221
$210
  • Breakfast included
Hotel San Luca(Verona)(Great Value!)
$122
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel Des Arts(Verona)
$184
$172
$484
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Montresor Hotel Palace(Verona)(Great Value!)
$96
$71
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Leon D'Oro(Verona)(Great Value!)
$188
$103
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
1,929 results
All reviewsgreat locationthe main shopping streetvia mazziniold townsuperior roomlovely hotelbreakfast buffetinner courtyardgood sizesingle roomfirst floorpublic areasloved this hotelmajor attractionscentral locationreception stafflarge bathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 26, 2010

In a sentence: Just book this hotel, you wont regret!. It is an elegant 4 star hotel in the prefect location for sightseeing.

When the travel agent told me about Accademia, it sounded a bit like a student hostel! But ignore their name, this is an elegant 4 star hotel. Often in Europe 4 star hotels are more like 3 star, but this one is a *real* 4 star hotel. Also, the room layout was different, we had a HUUUUUGE Bed and ours had a luxury sofa in there. Plenty of space for opening suitcases. Our room was on the 1st floor and it had bars on windows, but I overlooked this as our room decor was simply amazing!. Certainly, after staying in Thailand resort hotels, it is not easy to get impressed by a hotel room, but this one managed it.

There was moden flat screen TV, but you could not get many English channel aside from the News. All the Italian hotels, I stayed in don't put kettles for tea or coffee making facilities. There is CCTV everywhere.

BREAKFAST: This was a good standard breakfast as you will expect in any 4 star hotel.

STAFF: The staff are very good and they answered my emails quickly. Also the tourist office are helpful via email.

INTERNET: The hotel provides free Wi-fi. However, I experienced problems. The Hotel has a couple of PCs for internet access in the lobby (horray!). However, they have Italian keyboards with Italian version of Windows. So all the Windows commands e.g. 'file' 'open' are all in Italian. So I wish the hotel would have PC with British keyboard with an English version of Windows. Also, these PCs could do with re-installation as guests have installed rubbish. These PC are connected via wireless, which made then crawl. I gave up. They do provide free Wi-fi for devices and you go to reception to get receipt with username / password / token. However, I was unable to connect the Blackberry using Wi-fi. Perhaps the hotel should contact their IT people and ask them for instruction (with screenshots).

HOW LONG TO STAY: We stayed in Verona for a day, As the hotel is in perfect location, we managed to see everything of Verona in a day. You can get a map from the tourist office or the hotel reception.

SIGHTSEEING: Plaza Ebbe is just 2mins away, Juliets house is 3 mins away and the Roman Arena is 10--15mins walk. Also, at night time, you will see Italians promanading, they will walk from Plaza Ebbe to the roman Arena and the ice cream shops are full!. However, do check for concerts at the Arena, as when I was there Alexa Dickson was in concert. If I had known I would have bought tickets!. The Arena is a perfect open-air venue! They do an open air Opera in August, don't miss it (I am not a fan of Opera,but it is a must see - check the Vids on YouTube!).

SHOPS: We were there on May 1st, which is Labour day (holiday in Italy), we were worried shops and museums would be shut, but everything was open even on the Sunday. Even the Museums only charged a bargin 1 euro due to this holiday.

DRIVING: I picked up the rental car from the airport when leaving Verona. You don't need a car to see Verona, in fact a car is a burden and a pain. You can explore Verona easily by foot. So you can save a days rental. On my return journey, I did try to drive in Verona but I found it hard, but there was traffic, finding a parking spot was a pain and you can accidently end up in bus lanes (and end up with fines!). Even though I had been driving for a week in Lake Garda, I did struggle a little in Verona.

DRINK: You will see lots of people trying out an orange colour drink. This a Spritz Aperol, do try it it is very good!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Flashback1966
Reviewed November 24, 2010

The Accademia is located right in the heart of Verona's centro storica. It is less than 5 minutes walk to either the Piazza dell'Erbe (market and Torre de Lamberti) or the Piazza Bra (Arena). Luxury brands, clothing shops you will only find in Italy and exciting discoveries like Luxury Vintage are on the doorstep.

Rooms: possibly the most scrupulously clean room I have ever stayed in. The bathroom was large. The beds were, as is the way of Italian beds, harder than the traditional British bed, but not uncomfortable. The window was not large, but we were not in the room during most of daylight hours, and the shutter effectively kept out any street/churchbell noice.

Breakfast: Contained most of the elements you would expect in a continental hotel breakfast offering, but most was out of packets, rather than fresh. It was acceptable but not great.

Staff: Were extremely helpful and friendly.

Facilities: Free wifi, tea and coffee in the lounge in the afternoon, a bar (although we never saw any staff there!), umbrellas when it rained,

To sum up, although nothing is missing from the Accademia's offering, it is too bland to be charming, too business like to be romantic, too large to be boutique. If you want a hotel that will tick all the boxes, go here. If you want somewhere really special, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2010

The Accademia is a mid-sized hotel (90+rooms) right off the Via Mazzini, between the Arena and the Piazza dell'Erbe. The hotel staff is efficient (if not particularly warm), the rooms are well laid out, the breakfast is ample and quite good. My single room was quite small, but of course this is typical in European hotels. However, it would have been nice if there were a real closet (armadio) OR a real set of dresser drawers.
The lobby is cozy for reading, and the "American Bar" is a pleasant place to have a drink and some snacks. Most of the guests were individual travelers, with one or two nights with groups, who may have been there for the opening of the symphony season.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2010

The hotel exceeded our expectations. We arrived from Munich via train which was a spectacular rip and easily found a taxi at Verona station. The Hotel was less than 5 minutes from the station and very centrally located in the heart of the old city amongst lovely restaurants and designer shops.
The Front office staff were efficient and friendly although I suppose a little formal.However our room ( a junior suite) was quiet, spacious and very clean and comfortable. The extra bed for our daughter was a little small but ok for a few nights
There was free internet using the Hotel's computers and the breakfast was fairly typical consisting of the usual cold meats, scrambled eggs, toast and cereals
Highly recommended
Chris --Perth Western Australia

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2010

My last review of this hotel back in 2007 entitled ' perfect hotel in perfect location' still stands the test of time. This hotel is very much a hub of Verona and its wonderful staff ensure a wonderful stay every time, it has consistantly been superb since my first visit 15 years ago. I visited for three days recently and had a wonderful time in Verona and I would not consider staying anywhere else than the Accademia.

One sad note for me and will be for any regular visitors to Verona who love veronese wines and food is that the Bottega dei Vini has closed (I am told due to a family problem). My favourite restaurant at present has to be Restaurant Greppia (off Via Manzini).... the service, atmosphere and quality of food is tremendous. Make a reservation as it is very popular with smartly dressed locals of all ages. It is a great choice for either lunch and dinner.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple