“Excellent through and through”

Ristorante Mariacallas
Ranked #398 of 1,252 Restaurants in Verona
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Recommended by the Hotel Armando and it was excellent.The surroundings were delightful, in the courtyard and the service outstanding. The meal, which was the set meal 'Aida', was 1st class.We were on a short break to Verona and this was one of our highlights of our stay.A night and a meal to remember.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stumbled on this restaurant by accident because the restaurant we were looking for was incorrectly marked on the map. This looked like the nicest of the three choicest on this Piazza so we gave it a try and were rewarded. After a course of Lasagna Bolognese we had the veal chop. Both were excellent and accompanied by a good local wine. Service was good. Crowd was a mixture of locals and tourists. With sun setting over the Piazza, the food and location made for a very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

For you sake, Just do it ! it is the best restaurant I have ever been to, ( No I have no affiliation) don't order from the menu, just tell them to do what they want. Then ask to go down to the cantina after dinner. I'll be back in February. Can't wait.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

In the heart of Verona, in a ancient palace, you may eat nice fish seated in skin armchair.
They are welcoming and kind, the starters are in the best Italian style even to many, but very good.
They are specialized in fish but not only, very original and good the cheese crisp.
Improvable the wine list.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had dinner at Ristorante Maria Callas in summer 2012. The hotel we stayed at was only a minute or two away, and after consulting Tripadvisor, we chose to dine at this restaurant. First impression counts for quite a lot - I loved entering via the big doorway. In the summer, they have tables in the courtyard with throws/fabric hanging above them, making it feel as though each table was in its own personal tent. I'm not sure I describe it correctly, but the effect was simply magical.

We ordered meat, as well as fish, and the food was divine. Presentation was great. But what is even better: the restaurant staff are simply fantastic. Polite and courteous, but also knowledgable about the food.

I simply can't wait to dine here again. I have dined at some great eateries around the world, and I have to say this one surpassed some of the other more famous ones.

2  Thank tinseltown1711