“Charming”

Opera Relais de Charme
Ranked #4 of 425 Verona B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stunning hotel right in the heart of Verona. Rooms huge with modern facilities and each room with its own unique, operatic twist. We stayed in the Aida room which had 2 bedrooms (one single, one queen) and a fold out double sofa. Very quiet at night, and buzzing location during the day within walking distance to attractions such as Juliet's Balcony, Arena etc. The city is a beautiful place to roam and this hotel really set the tone. Even the hallways were filled with soft opera playing in the background. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only downside is the slow lift and nowhere to really park your car (if thats how you are travelling). Parking is quite far away at a pay station so either have a lot of hands to unload very quickly before traffic banks up with some irate drivers or be prepared to walk a fair distance to the hotel with your luggage.

Room Tip: Try to contact hotel directly for a good price.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Opera Relais de Charme

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We booked this accommodation as there are five of us. There were two double rooms and a double pull out sofa in the living area, which gave plenty of room for us, two teenagers and a six year old. The rooms were absolutely spotless and thoroughly cleaned every day. Each room/suite is done in the style/colours of a different opera. Ours was Aida and everything was beautifully coordinated in golds and browns, from the curtains to wall fresco to rugs. The staff were excellent. Very friendly and helpful. They booked taxis for us, looked up information and even printed out our travel documents for the return journey on the spot. A wonderful hotel in a beautiful location. We would happily stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Traveling with 2 parents and 2 children the larger 2 bedroom + sofa bed apartment provided us with an excellent solution to our accommodation needs. We could stay together but have the privacy of 2 beautifully decorated and comfortable rooms with enough room for the children to spread out and play together. The receptionists could not have been more helpful and attentive, and the location is amazing. By booking the private parking in advance we were met by a very responsible and helpful driver who escorted us to the hotel so we could unload our luggage then he took care of the car. Even though this costs a bit extra it was totally worth it as access to hotel is on a typically narrow inner european city road and there was no parking available in the nearby parking zones, and it was raining! He met us promptly when we needed to leave and helped us with our luggage to the car. We all found the experience staying at Opera Relais de Charme to be luxurious, civilized, and very very pleasing. I would recommend it to anyone and I look forward to going back there again. To quote my 9 year old son "this is the best place ever, I want to live here!!"

Room Tip: Communicate the type of people traveling, i.e. elderly / young children etc to make sure you have th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

it was lovely with breakfast served in our room, it felt very luxurious to have someone come to your room wiht everything including a tablecloth. even the last morning when we had a reallyearly start 05.oo . I call that very good service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 24, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I don't know where to start with this review. The decor is incredible. The rooms are ultra warm with a home feeling. Our favorite part our trip to Verona was the hotel.
My room had one big terazze, very beautifull.

The one aspect of our stay that sticks with me still is the staff. They made sure we were always happy. For example, one morning after the breakfast. On our way out, we were given some small snacks and juice to take with us as we explored the city. There were numerous gestures and service similar with the latter that you simply do not receive now days.
I would like to Fabiana and the staff all the best success with the hotel because they deserve it. Do yourself a favor, too, and book this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Catherina C
Reviewed February 19, 2013

WOW! It's how I can express what I felt about Opera Relais de Charme to you readers...
I spent 4 nights with my mom there and there's nothing to complain about. It's by far one of the best places I've ever stayed in. The hotel is brand new, very modern and impeccably clean. The atmosphere is fantastic and Fabiana is a wonderful hostess. She can tell you everything you might think of asking!
Even though our room was the smallest, it was just perfect - spacious, new and completely clean. Every single detail is more than perfect, very well and carefully thought - bed, pillows, towels, all the furniture, decoration, toiletries, floor... The kitchen is beautiful and all the utensils, porcelain, pans, coffee machine, etc are new and clean.
I loved the daily "breakfast tray"! A very good way to start each day.
I love to express what I feel and experience and I always have something else to say, but Opera made me speechless - in the very best sense!
Plus, Verona was the best city we visited in our entire trip. A gorgeous clean city with lots of things to see and do, shopping (around the corner!), near Venezia, ... Well, what else can I say? Better than home!
1000% recommended!!!
Thank you Fabiana!

Room Tip: Stay as long as you can!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Luciana-Andre
OperaRelais, Direttore generale at Opera Relais de Charme, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Luciana-Andre,

It is with immense gratitude that I read your review and myself and all the team of the Opera Relais de Charme are honored that your experience was exceptional under every aspect.
We sincerely hope to have you again soon as our Guest and to further exceed your expectations.

Warm regards,