“Lovely friendly place to sit and get refreshed”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Caffe Al Teatro

Caffe Al Teatro
Ranked #72 of 1,169 Restaurants in Verona
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Cafe, Mediterranean, European
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: ... Since 1993 a pleasant moment in the heart of Verona...
Verona, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely friendly place to sit and get refreshed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was the first cafe we went to in verona and we subsequently visited it several times while wandering around. I had a delicious plate of mushroom pasta which was really tasty and my partner had a toasted ham and cheese sandwich. Hot chocolate which was edible only by spoon sooooo thick not like English Cocoa which you can drink actually, (I love both). The waiters here are so very nice and friendly and helpful. I was missing my English tea a lot and went here to get my fix in the day. During an evening wander we went here and I wanted to try that orangy drink all the Italians seem to love so much..... I tried the Campari in cocktail form a negroni. It was very bitter maybe a bit too bitter for me but I do love to try new tastes so enjoyed it anyway! Lots of nibbles are provided, delicious olives, crisps, and the waiter who was so kind gave us little tasters of ham rolls during one evening which seems to be an Italian thing... I like it, a lot! I would go here again.

• Visited January 2014

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Good place to take a break and people watch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

On our first night in Verona we stopped here and shared a bottle of wine - we sat outside under a heated canopy and passed away the evening. The service was lovely - the guy spoke excellent English (well far better than my Italian). We were plied with crisps, nuts, olives etc and it was super.
Popped back during the next day for a hot chocolate - again nice experience

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant with sidewalk seating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We went to Caffe Al Teatro for dinner on our first night in Italy, as we passed it during the day and thought it looked nice. I agree with the other poster, about the smoking, but to be fair, it sucks to be a non smoker in most of Europe with these sidewalk cafés and restaurants, so it's not just an issue to Caffe Al Teatro. The waiter was friendly and sat us where we wanted to sit, with some light! The food was fresh and tasty and the wine was great.

• Visited September 2013
Altoona, Pa.
“Very nice sidewalk cafe.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

This was right next to our hotel so we kept going back. Good service from Enea and Nicola and good food.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Silvertop_8
Greve
“Exellent caffé and restaurant in Verona!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We arrived after midnight from an exhausting journey and were received with kind hospitality and lots of patience. We had a splendid meal with good wine - just what we needed to rest upon and to prepare our 5 days stay in Verona.
We visited the Caffé every day - for lunch, for a drink, coffe or for dinner. We always experienced good og kind aservice.
One waiter, Enea, was extremely efficient, serviceminded and and nice.

• Visited September 2013