“good rooms, less good service, BAD food”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Verona - Fiera
Ranked #22 of 78 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Business trip 2 nights The hotel is in an industrial estate, then not great as location is concerned. smooth check in, room is good, bed is good, TV channels limited.Breakfast buffet is very basic, on the low regards to quality. Dishes with eggs do not keep heat then cold scrambled eggs... Dinner at the restaurant absolutely terrible, cauliflower soup with truffle, without truffle, sea bream carpaccio without any dressing or seasonning, and very watery meaning out of the freezer... now the worst, linguine, in Italy you would expect perfect, then forget it there, shrimps are the small ones straight out of the frozen bag... have seen better in italy... what a shame, should change the chef... Party on this evening, in the banquet hall, music full blast until 2am, then sleep to forget also...

Room Tip: forget the rooms close to banquet hall
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jean-Michel Jac... T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Verona - Fiera, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear jmtjmtjmt,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. It is nice to know that you found the room and bed to be good. I am truly sorry to hear that the food served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving our quality and guest services. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have stayed for 4 nights from 20 to 23 October 2012.

Other than the locality (which is more like an industrial area), every other aspect is near perfection.

Hotel is well maintained and cleaned.
The room is very clean and bed is comfortable.
Hotel staff are friendly and speak good English.
Daily breakfast were very good!
Of course, it is a little pricey, but it is value for it's money.

I really enjoyed my stay in Crowne Plaza Verona, and I shall return to it when I visit Verona again.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Advantages:
- Usually I am not the fan of this hotel brand, but this particular one is very nice with excellent service and cleanliness.
- Perfect sleeping quality, very good matress.
- Practical rooftop relaxing zone which inclides small indoor pool, gym and sauna (and steam) served me very well. They even have large free outdoor space which could be a cosy terrace for a cafe or restaurant.

Remarks:
- location is far from central, it takes 15 minutes drive to Verona old town.
- Internet is expensive in the room. Free 30 minutes vouchers are valid only for two lobby computers. Location mostly fits for business travellers with organized transportation and not for leisure travel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I were surprised at the new design and location of the Crowne Plaza in Verona. It is not near the center of the city, old city that is, and is a structure that is 10 stories high with a very modern design. That is not what I am used to with a Crowne Plaza. The hotel employees for the most part were quite young, but were very gracious for the most part. The fitness center was new and included some very good equipment. The prices for food were quite high in my opinion. The bed was great, soft and I slept like a bear. There is no view from the upper floors to speak of. Room was on the small side, but bathroom was well equipped and fairly spacious. Breakfast buffet was okay, somewhat slow and could not get your own coffee.

Room Tip: Stay on higher floors
1  Thank Yurosek
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We only had one night here before our flight home. What luxury to end our holiday. Excellent service throughout our short stay. Our breakfast and evening meal were both very good.It is in a very odd location but if you have a car or happy to use taxis then it shouldn't be a problem. It was spotlessly clean and our room ultra sleek and modern. The pillows were to die for the comfiest I have ever slept on. Only grumble pool was cold but maybe we were just unlucky. Definitely recommend it if you don't mind the location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hungryhorris
Letizia G, Direttore at Crowne Plaza Hotel Verona - Fiera, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'd like to thank you for the amazing comment on your recent stay in our hotel.
I'm glad to know that despite the location( not in the city center but just 5 minute far away), you found the room, breakfast and the service very good!
Thanks again for the time you dedicated, I'll share your comments with all the staff.

Looking forward to welcome you again.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I travel to Verona frequently for business, so the novelty of staying in the old city center has worn off and the charm of older hotel properties there got old as beds are small and hard, bathrooms small and showers make-shift. This hotel property is only 2 years old and provides the amenities and service that spoiled Americans are accustomed to. REAL king size beds, modern, clean rooms, big bathrooms and showers. The rooms are clean, comfortable and modern. The hotel is located to support the conference business of Verona Fiera but is only 5 miles from the old city, with free shuttles on the hour or a 12 euro taxi fare. True, its not the most attractive neighborhood but for business travel it is ideal. I would also recommend the hotel for budget minded travelers who don't mind taking the shuttle or tax into town. I typically pay about 100 euro per night including a decent breakfast buffet. The hotel has a good 24 hour room service selection and a very good restaurant, which is not usually very full, but after a long day at the office, I don't always want to go downtown for dinner. The bar is well stocked and the bar-tenders willing to make any drink you request with good wines also available. The staff is friendly, multi-lingual and very service oriented. There is a small gym and spa/pool on the 9th floor and a deck. However, right next door is a Virgin Active gym with day passes available. Ample free parking as well both outside and under the building.

Room Tip: I've stayed in many different rooms here and they are all pretty much the same layout. There ar...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Letizia G, Direttore at Crowne Plaza Hotel Verona - Fiera, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments on our hotel.
I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel, facilities and the service to your liking.
Our goal is always provide a great experience to our guests.
We hope you will choose again the Crowne Plaza for your next stay in Verona.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

6 miles away from verona city. 2 miles from the rails station; this hotel is housed in an industrial estate. Trying to buy a meal in the vicinity meant walking through a land of ugly buildings and prostitutes and coming back to the hotel without food! Hotel restaurant prices are absurd; the only tv consists of news channels unless you wish to pay 15 euros for a poor film. That said the hotel does have a nice jacuzzi and steam room, but no rooftop bar (as advertised). The room although small was very comfortable, we slept very well. Were it not for a British airways package I would not have stayed here. I will not return.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank melipower
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Verona - Fiera, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear melipower,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. It is nice to hear that the room you have stayed at lived up to your expectations. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the stay. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. Rest assured that We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Janice A