“Lovely hotel in central location”

Grand Hotel Des Arts
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had a lovely week here in June. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful and the room was very quiet, clean and comfortable. It overlooked the hotel courtyard and garden. Most important to me - the bed was very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan G
grandhotelverona, Responsabile reception at Grand Hotel Des Arts, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear Susan,
thanks for the 5-star feedback!
I am pleased you enjoyed staying with us and I am happy to read you slept very well since our beds are new and this means we made a good choice.
Hope to see you soon

There are newer reviews for Grand Hotel Des Arts

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is no bad and it is well located.
However you can see many details that require attenention, modernisatin and repair.
Yet most dissapointing was ignorance off staff who thinks some guests are more valuable then others. We wanted to watch a game on TV in lobby, and even though they have 2 screens, they can broadcast only one channel?! Other couple wanted to watch another game and staff didn't care about us at all, but turned program as other couple required.
I guess not all guests are equal in this hotel... Dissapointing.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JoCu
grandhotelverona, Responsabile reception at Grand Hotel Des Arts, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear JoCu,
thank you for writing your review on Tripadvisor so that I can reply to you.
The time you stayed by Grand Hotel it was the time of World Cup and I remembered that when you came back from the city centre another couple was already watching a game.
My collegue told both parties to decide what to watch and since the others where in the lobby before your arrival, they decided for you!
It's true, during the World Cup we had 2 screens (one very big screen and a flat Tv) but I woud like to clarify that they were not indipendent since they both were connected to ONE decoder.
At Grand Hotel all guests are welcomed and equal
I stay at your disposal

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We arrived in Verona after a tedious train journey from Florence. We were feeling tired, hot and grumpy but the welcome we received when we arrived at the Grand Hotel returned us to (almost) happy holiday makers!
The porter took care of our luggage while the receptionist escorted us to our lovely room. It was a wonderful welcome. The friendliness and courteousness of all the hotel staff continued throughout our stay and made our visit very special.
The hotel is well positioned just a short walk from the centre of Verona. It has a lovely garden and our room and the hotels' communal areas were clean and very comfortable.
What makes this hotel so special are the small details; the delicious chocolates delivered to our room every evening, the tea available to guests in the foray, evening snacks available in the bar and, most importantly, the very genuine warmth and friendliness of the staff.
Many thanks for making our visit to Verona so enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ang117

Dear Ang117,
thank you for the marvellous review.
I appreciate the fact you liked the friendliness of all the hotel staff and I will report your words to my collegues!
We all wait for you once again in Verona
Grand Hotel

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Yet another questionable choice by our travel agent.
Hotel room was nice clean and a good size, but location wise it was quite a walk everyday, well maybe it wasn't, but my wife was pregnant so it felt like it was a long way away. They were undergoing renovation while stayed here (March 2013 - the review wouldn't let me post any earlier than July) an we were 1 of only 2 groups we saw staying here.
Hotel was nice, but the lifts were seriously questionable!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
grandhotelverona, Responsabile reception at Grand Hotel Des Arts, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Rowan,
I'm sorry you travel agent did not consider the fact your wife was pregnant but for sure they tried to make the best choice for you.
Grand Hotel is just 5 minutes walking from the Arena (city centre) and maybe they thought this distance would have been acceptable for you.
In the period you came (March 2013) we were renovating doors and corridors ... March is often a low season period in Verona and so we took the opportunity to refurbish part of the hotel. I remember we blocked one floor at a time so that the clients staying here would not be disturbed.
Regarding the lifts, I am surprised to read your comment "seriously questionable" since they are new.
I stay at your disposal ans send you my best regards

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed 2 nights for business but end up exploring Verona due to the close proximity to all the greatest tourist attractions. The hotel room was clean and spacious with a modern bathroom. Free Wi-Fi was a bonus. The breakfast had a big selection of hot and cold food with excellent Italian coffee. The two elevators were somewhat slow but nothing to distract one from having a great time.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Chris,
thank you very much for the marvellous feedback.
I am pleased to read that you appreciated everything here at Grand Hotel.
Hope to see you soon

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We had a second floor room with large balcony with chairs and Coffee table which unfortunately doesn't make up for tiny modular shower in the bathroom I feel for the more amply built people as they would struggle to take a shower l. Otherwise a very acceptable hotel with a convenient location.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Mr. Greg,
thanks for your review on Tripadvisor.
I would like to inform you that every room is different from the other at Grand Hotel. I hope to welcome you in Verona again in the future and I would be pleased to assign you a room with a big shower.
Best Regards

Reviewed June 7, 2014

The Grand Hotel far and beyond exceeded our expectations. A friend and I traveled throughout Italy for two weeks and only stayed in Verona for a short two days. However, out of all the other hotels we stayed at, we were most impressed with the Grand Hotel. The location, staff, room and breakfast were phenomenal. If you're going to Verona, I'd highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Britney S
grandhotelverona, Responsabile reception at Grand Hotel Des Arts, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear Britney,
thank you very very very much for your compliments shared on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to read that you have truly enjoyed your recent stay with us.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Kind regards