“Ideal for Verona”

Ranked #4 of 79 Hotels in Verona
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“Ideal for Verona”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in April 14, A superb choice for the City, 5 minute walk into the centre where the Arena is, which you don't see until you're almost on top of it, considering the size of the thing that's quite amazing. The rooms are a good size with a large TV, sadly no tea/coffee making facilities in the room. We were offered a kettle, which didn't arrive. The staff were very helpful otherwise, advising me where I could park the car free of charge for my two day stay. Breakfast was excellent and plentyful. They even have a pillow menu for the fussy ones. The bar snacks (apperitivo) were pretty good and free in the bar area. This hotel was perfect to come back to after a long days sightseeing and just far enough away from the centre not to be noisy. Expensive for what I would usually pay for a hotel, but I would book this place again if I visit Verona in the future. I suppose you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the main road, it was on the top floor with a balcony, not noisy even when we ha...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hchris15
grandhotelverona, Responsabile reception at Grand Hotel Des Arts, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Hchris,
thank you for taking the time to review the Grand Hotel. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable visit and hope you will come back.
Thank you also for your kind words about the team who want to make each guest fell very special.
Sorry if we forgot to send you the kettle we offered. Next time please remind us because for sure it was an involuntary forgetfulness.
Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time if I could be of assistance and thank you for the recommendation.
Warm regards,
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We chose this hotel based on other Trip Adviser reviews and its proximity to the Verona Porto Nuovo station. It is a very reasonably priced, 4 star hotel on the Via Porto Nuovo about 10 mins walk from the station. If you are new to Verona, it is a bit tricky to locate the road, as the exit from the station leads onto a bus terminus, but turn left out of the Station and follow the signs to the Tourist Information Office. We never found the Tourist Information Office, but easily located this hotel.

We asked for a back room (again as a recommendation from another Reviewer), and that was fabulous - looking out onto a nice green, quiet, residential area.

Staff were super attentive and nothing was too much of a trouble.

Wi fi was also good - but strangely - they don't provide any log on information to give the guests the access. You need to ask..and then they freely provide it..but it would be nice to have this provided so you did not need to.

The room was spacious, clean and comfortable and actually provided block SOAP..gorgeous L'Occitane Lemon Verbena soap no less - so I was very impressed. The other toiletries were also fabulous.

Again, this hotel room suffered from over heating, but the windows opened to provide welcome relief.

From here, it is just a short stroll into the centre of town and all Verona has to offer.

I would certainly recommend the Grand Hotel and would choose it again on another visit to Verona.

Room Tip: We lied the quietness and seclusion of the back rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FarflungEddie
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I arrived in Verona at noon on Valentine's Day. The Grand Hotel staff was very accommodating. We checked in early and our room overlooked the front of the hotel. The room, staff and hotel were all excellent. The breakfast the next morning was the best we have experienced in Italy.

Room Tip: Room 110 on the front of the hotel was excellent.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear DrSwatzyn,
thank you for taking the time to post review on the site following your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear you had a very amazing stay at the Grand Hotel.
So please that you loved breakfast time.
I have passed your kind words to all the team who are very grateful for the positive feedback and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are next in Verona.
Warm regards,
Front Office Manager
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Lovely Verona ….. Fantastic Grand Hotel
We had the joy of visiting lovely Verona in September 2013 for the first time and went to se Eros Ramazzotti at Arena Di Verona
What a place, what a town and what concert.
We stayed at the fantastic Grand hotel situated just a 5 minutes walk from the town center and Arena Di Verona. The hotel was super and everyone working there was friendly and giving us the best service.
The rooms were very nice and stylish, the best breakfast ever with good service and the best of all, the great warm welcome and help from Valeria
We can give Grand hotel Verona our best recommendations and are looking forward to the next time
10 points.
Best regards Karina and Erling from Norway

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
grandhotelverona, Responsabile reception at Grand Hotel Des Arts, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Erling and Karina,
thank you once again for the feedback left on facebook and on tripadvisor.
What can I say... HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN in Verona for another marvellous concert!
GRAND HOTEL
Hungerford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was very satisfied with my experience at this hotel. The staff were all pleasant and helpful and efficient. The man who checked me in took the trouble to find me a room at the back because I said I wanted a quiet room. It was indeed very quiet and I slept well. The bed's mattress and pillows were exceptionally comfortable. The room was clean and well maintained. The chambermaid brought a complimentary chocolate biscuit every afternoon which was a nice surprise! The room was medium sized. Perhaps someone staying for a long period of time would prefer a larger room but it was fine for me as I only made a short stay. The bathroom was also not large. There was no bath, only a shower. The only small criticism I can think of is that the shower head was slightly blocked; it was still useable, however, and there was plenty of hot water. The complimentary soap was very nice - much better than the usual cheap hotel soaps. The flat screen TV was huge. The breakfast buffet was large and varied, with something for pretty much every taste I should imagine and was included in the price of my room. The location of the hotel was perfect for me: the railway station (Porta Nuova) was a short walk away in one direction and the historic centre of town was a short walk away in the other direction.

Room Tip: They told me the rooms at the back are the quietest.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
grandhotelverona, Responsabile reception at Grand Hotel Des Arts, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Traveller,
I'm pleased to read your detailed review that will certainly help other guests.
Next time you'll come to Grand Hotel,if you prefer a bath rather than a shower, please let us know at the check-in time and we all be pleased to satisfy your request.
Hope to see you soon
Grand Hotel
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Don't get me wrong this was good accommodation and deserves its solid reviews however decent Internet access is an increasingly essential criteria for a hotel and may even be a 'go'/'no-go' criteria for some people. If you are one of these people, you may want to reconsider staying here. Thankfully the Internet is free however the system is not easy to access, frequently times-out or drops-out, is slow and there's no coverage at all in the breakfast room.

It must be said that the staff were polite and helpful in assisting us with our Internet related issues. I'm sure they're tired of hearing the same questions over and over again as we heard them helping other guests with the same problem.

Something to consider if good Internet is important to you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road, it's quitter.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tigga 72,
I thank you very much for the constructive criticism! We are working with Telecom in these days to improve wifi.
Next time you'll come to Verona, you will find everything good.. I promise!
I wish you a nice 2014
GRAND HOTEL
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

It lives up to its name,with classy furnishings,pleasant staff and a comfortable room with good toiletries. A short walk from the station and the arena. There are buzzy piazzas with busy restaurants and bars,and a walk by the river is beautiful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Picnicker
Thank you Picnicker for your nice review!
I wish all the best for the New Year