“A perfect evening”

La Griglia
Ranked #12 of 1,222 Restaurants in Verona
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Italian Food, homemade pastas,the specialty is the meat (Chianina) cook on sight in the fireplace. Great for lunch and dinner, outdoor seating with Arena view. Accept reservations after concerts and Lyrical Opera.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

After reading some reviews you do wonder if some places will live up to them. Well this surpased reviews we read, in La Griglia you are greeted in a way that makes you feel speacial from the start. The surroundings and atmosphere are perfect with just the general chatter of other diners humming in way in the background. The service, food and wine was superb and attentive without feeling fussy and the bill was brilliant value, I've spent more in the pub on a Saturday night. I will however hold the owner to having a Belgian beer or two for me on my next visit.

There are newer reviews for La Griglia

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Went here as we happened to see it when passing and what we found was flawless ; fantastic food, wonderful service and the fact we didn't speak Italian wasn't an issue and it didn't feel we were treated differently because of this.

We didn't have a reservation but they found us a table and there was no rush at any point. Complementary starter and homemade lemoncello topped it off.

Strongly recommend if in budget-3 courses (shared dessert) and wine was about 90 euros before service.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I visit Verona several times a year for business and stumbled across La Griglia on my last trip. The food was excellent and the staff were helpful and friendly. I shall definitely eat there every time I'm in Verona and I would definitely recommend it. The tiramisu is one of the best I've tried.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

me and my friends went there for my birthday dinner.the food waz amazing.the ambience waz good and service waz quick. i will definetly go there next time. :)

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Went to La Griglia on the recommendations from other people on Tripadvisor and was definetly not disappointed. It was a bit of a walk from where we were staying and around the arena into Via Leoncino which at first did not look promising due to the nearby kebab houses. However with out any reservation we were welcomed inside and shown to a good table. Its a very atmospheric and relaxing environment and the service was brilliant and the manager was very pleasant even shaking our hands on leaving and wishing us a good holiday.
As for the food it was excellent we had lamb and it was cooked to perfection with a very tasty side order of vegetables. A definite must and a bargain too if we had been in Verona for longer we would have certainly returned.

2  Thank Durhamguy