“Family-style service and good food”
Review of Pizzeria Ponte Navi - CLOSED

Pizzeria Ponte Navi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Family-style service and good food”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We were in Verona for four days. My brother and cousin found this place quickly and developed a rapport with the owner. The service attitude was mixed - the owner was very friendly, some waiters were friendly, some more brusque. For the price, quality of food, and location, I would recommend this restaurant!

• Visited May 2014

United States
“The pizza was perfect!!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I really wonder why this place have such negative reviews on here? I d a fantastic experience here and liked it so much I came back the second night. In Italy if you pay more than 10euros for a pizza they are ripping you off. You will pay about 7 euros here for a phenomenal pie..one with plenty o toppings and all you could want. And I you only want the basic..I saw pies for between 5-6 euros. You can also get a 1/2 bottle caraf of house wine here for 6 euros. This is the place to go if you want a good pizza for the right price. I can't say anything about the pasta dishes because I never had them but I will also say the millefeuille strawberry cream dessert is very good too. When I'm back in Verona again one day of course I'll come back here !

• Visited May 2014
Verona, Italy
“ok money/quality ratio”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

nothing special, very good pizza, only normal the rest.
ok the prices for wines and food but the staff it is "cold" and not professional at all. the only advantage are the prices, very good for the position, only 200m form Juliet's house

Visited August 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
“Resist the temptation to stop here if you want more than a cold drink....”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I HOPE I am reviewing the right restaurant--I am referring to the one bordering the river, just to the right of the bridge and "behind" (i.e. just across the street from the back of) San Fermo church. The short piece of advice is: DON'T !!

On a hot day after visiting San Fermo the temptation is to wander in here for lunch. They have breeezy, inviting tables (for 2) along a terrace bordering the river. HOWEVER, we were a party of 3 and got told off (by a quite sharpish and definitely unsmiling waitress!) for bringing up a chair from what was then an empty table (at that moment, in fact, ALL the tables on this terrace were empty....). So my daughter had to sit by herself at the next table! Affronted by this, but definitely in need of cold liquid and a place tosit and rest our feet, we ordered drinks only. The waitress was MOST annoyed by this! Food we glimpsed on plates of diners sitting down below us at parasol-shaded tables in what appearred to be a "garden area" looked plastic and unappetizing and menu prices fairly high.

Again, the short message is: RESIST the temptation and go elsewhere!

• Visited July 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“Look elsewhere”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Very touristic and this was one of my worst dining experiences ever.
The pizzas where avarage but the seafood pasta was just dreadful.

I understand that everyone can have a bad day in the kitchen but combined with the non existent and ignorant service this restaurant is to avoid.

• Visited July 2013